• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Directory List Anywhere?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Marker

Marker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:02 AM

Hi

This is the first time I do this, so hope it's OK!

Jill's great advice over the last 12 months has worked superbly for us - our company's pages are now in the UK top 10 for our keyphrases, with some #1 or #2 - we've even got a few global #1's. Thanks Jill! :lmao:

What I was wondering was, is there a list somewhere of worthwhile directories to register with (and if they're free, even better!). We got onto DMOZ 2 years ago, and are on Google's directory plus JoeAnt and GoGuides; who else should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance & Best regards

Mark

#2 raven

raven

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:13 AM

Hi Marker,

If your site is interactive (meaning you can "do" something on it) then I'd suggest submitting your site to Gimpsy . You can pick the free or paid (quick review) option.

raven

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:55 AM

Welcome, Marker! :lmao: Glad the newsletter has been helpful to you!

Sometimes you can find directories simply by searching for them in Google and the other engines. I'm sure there are lists around somewhere too, and perhaps others will chime in if they know of some.

Jill

#4 Thanol

Thanol

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:31 AM

If you have non-commercial articles on your site a Zeal listing could drive some traffic.

#5 Jodi

Jodi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:51 PM

Hi Marker. There's actually one place in particular that I like to look at when I'm trying to find free directories to submit links to.

I hope it's ok to list it! If not, I'll certainly understand if Jill decides to erase it. But here it is:

Tariq Ali's Internet Search Engine Database site.

Have a look. I think you'll find it well worth checking out. Incidentally, he has a newsletter too that I find highly useful.

All the best,

--Jodi

#6 awall19

awall19

Peanut Butter Lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:02 AM

Hi all
First post here :applause:

I am trying to make a list of directories that accept submissions. Directory of Directories

While I am sure it is not complete most of the directories on my list still accept submissions. If you find any problems or missing sites please email me and I will fix any errors.

have a nice search
aaron

ps: my site is really ugly and i am currently working on placing good format into the mix...

I also think Search Engine Guide has a good list of Directories and Search Engines.
Search Engine Guide Search Engines

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:06 AM

Welcome, Aaron. :applause:

Thanks for the link!

Jill

#8 awall19

awall19

Peanut Butter Lover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for saying hi Jill

I was the one who kept sending you all those emails with #ered obligitory suckups. You never sent your address though, so no chocolate... Luckily summer is reaching and end and the cooler Chocolate sending season is nearing

:zap:

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:43 PM

Ahh...the obligatory suck up guy! The address is on the bottom of the pages of my main site if you ever need it....no chocolate is ever refused!

Jill

#10 Greystar

Greystar

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 08:49 AM

No Lycos Directory???

I guess it depends if Europe is your target market or not, but for UK/German/French etc. it's worth looking at...

#11 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:56 AM

Welcome Greystar! :lmao:

Love the DiDi avatar ;)

#12 Greystar

Greystar

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 10:42 AM

:D

At the risk of taking this thread OT, I've always been a Dexters Lab fan, and someone already has dexter .. :)

#13 kmtell

kmtell

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:58 PM

I've stumbled across a a few niche directories to list my company with by seeing who links to competitors and also by navigating in dmoz to the list of directories to find ones that are relevant to what we do.

#14 Marker

Marker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:20 AM

Hi all

I started this topic, so this is just a quick note to everyone who's added advice here to say THANKS! Glad it was of interest...

I'm gonna go away and try some of these - hopefully I'll be back to let you know the results!

Take it easy :applause:

Mark

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!