I'm doing some seo for my employer(s) companies in the UK, and i'm trying to target UK visitors, because :
- the products are low volume, high cost (specialist beds costing about US $2000 per unit)
- the products can only be sold and supported in the UK
- any enquiries from outside the UK place a drain on resources
) .Inktomi does this just by TLD.
The problem i have is i have some good rankings in Inktomi for some .com domains, giving good returns through msn.com, however these are seriously skewed through msn.co.uk search results.
I can see two options for this:
- purchase regionalised TLD (co.uk) and point at site and get this indexed
- submit into regional directories (Looksmart UK) under region specific entries