• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Tips For New Seos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 02:39 PM

UPDATE 2012: For the Most Up-to-date SEO Tips, please see the latest archived SEO Articles
- Jill

---
Jill's search engine optimization articles pretty much cover everything you need to know to optimize. Some are slightly dated, but they do have dates on them and Jill's been updating many of them over the past months.

Start with the 10 Tips to the Top of the Search Engines article.

And there are a few newsletter articles that are a good place to start and Jill's other SEO articles.

A good one is the Art of SEO which helps to explain why there's no specific formula to getting high rankings.

For Link Building Advice, see our pinned Link Popularity Articles thread.

I'm going to add my own Successful Sites Articles because they are written for newbies as well. If you are just getting started, I'd recommend reading:
The Hungry Little Spider and
Threads of the Web- Linking for Success and
The Secret Sauce in Web Site Marketing.

Also, if you think you need a submitting service, don't miss Search Engine Submission is a Scam.

If you've been working at SEO for a while, you may want to read Superstition and Sacrifices: Cause and Effect in Search Rankings Hard to Determine

Edited by Jill, 16 January 2012 - 10:17 AM.
added notice

• gregorysmith, Julie and Graham like this

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:50 AM

When you're done with those articles, you probably will want to start on Karon's Copywriting Articles.

Oh, and if you want to save yourself some wasted time and speed up the learning process, be sure to read my Evolution of a Search Marketer article.

Just realized that we should be pointing out the SEO Frequently Asked Questions as well.

Here are the questions from the FAQ, which may very well answer whatever is on your mind:Jill
  • gregorysmith, gaganmasoun, Julie and 1 other like this

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

Also check out the Avoiding SEO Brain Freeze series which provides a step-by-step approach to SEO.
  • gaganmasoun and Graham like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!