• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How Do You Read This?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Debra

Debra

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 01:49 PM

After reading this

If your site is not yet in our index, it may take a few hours or more before we are able to crawl your site and serve the most relevant AdWords ads. In this case, we will display public service ads, for which you will not receive earnings, until we are able to crawl your pages.

google.com/adsense/faq

I wondered.... if you're launching a new site, or introducing new pages and wanted it in the index in a "few hours", could you simply sign up for Adwords and be spidered asap?

#2 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:17 PM

I think you are talking about AdSense.

The AdSense spider is totally different from the Googlebot. I have ads being served on dynamic pages that Googlebot won't go near but the AdSense spider picks them up and sends back the right ads.

(I know, I need to fix them. My forum has extremely messy query strings and can't be indexed. Switching over to invision board as soon as I can figure out how to convert.)

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

I don't believe Google AdWord links are spidered and added to the database, although you will sometimes see them get indexed by mistake.

Jill

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!