• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ranking Reporting Software -no New Threads Please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#76 melvin

melvin

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:20 PM

Ok so you have your selection of keywords/keyphrases for your site all sorted and are confident that these phrases are going to do well.

How do you go about tracking your results for your keywords, I know there is a lot of info in the raw log files but I am wondering wether there is any other methods that people use.

One way I thought I could track my overall sites position was to test it every 2 weeks using the googleranking tool and putting in my sites keyword/phrases one by one and getting a ranking and comparing it to the following weeks results. So I would know what keywords were doing well and those which could be dropped off.

#77 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

You might try Digitalpoint's free tracking tools. It uses Google's API so it's one of the few "allowable" query tools out there. Ones that don't use Google's API are against their terms of service.

Although I will say, you have the right idea about checking logs. thumbup1.gif Getting high rankings for terms that bring no traffic isn't a very good use of your time. You need to see what terms actually send traffic through your logs as well as every now and then checking the rankings for your specified phrases.

#78 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

Moving into the tracking software thread that wouldn't die....

#79 Jerky19

Jerky19

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:34 PM

I have a search term I am using, "martial arts supplies" on google. When I search, I get 1.6 million results. Is there a 'shortcut' I could type into the google search form that would tell me my rank? Currently, I find myself clicking from page to page...to no avail.

Thanks for any help...

#80 Jerky19

Jerky19

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:47 PM

WOW! What a cool site. Thanks for the link!

#81 damo2576

damo2576

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:26 AM

Hi,

I recall reading a way to figure out where you are in the listings for google etc for certain terms.

I think there was a site that you could use that searched within the results and told you what page you were on.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Damo

#82 davidbrett

davidbrett

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:29 AM

Hi damo2576

You can either do it manually or use automated ranking software such as web position gold

#83 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:29 AM

I think you may be looking for the Keyword Ranking Tool over at Digital Point, Damo.

#84 orangejack

orangejack

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:35 PM

This is probably a stupid question, but aside from doing a search and counting, is there an easier way to find a webpage ranking?

I mean, if I am looking for where a site ranks, is there a tool that will tell me it's, say, #142 in google for x search term. I've always just searched on that term and counted, but I lose count sometimes on those long ones!

#85 rohgan03

rohgan03

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:02 PM

http://www.googlerankings.com/

#86 orangejack

orangejack

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(rohgan03 @ Aug 3 2004, 06:02 PM)

Thanks! See, it was a stupid question.

Mercy!

#87 don1

don1

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:22 PM

There are also many desktop versions available that will look up several search engines at once and give you your placement in each.

#88 BrianR

BrianR

Is it just me, or is it getting cooler in the evenings...?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:48 PM

And there's the new www.yahoosearchrankings.com - still in beta, last time I checked.

BrianR

#89 melvin

melvin

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:40 PM

hi everyone bye1.gif
The big question that I have had, I have tried many ranking programs but none of them have helped me, I would like to know any info how you guys keep a track of how your site is actually doing in google or yahoo, so you know if your site is doing better in one week than another, besides looking in each se as I have many minisites that I am going to be doing it for.

I know there is a lot of info in the log files, but I would like to know wether there is a tool or method to get an accurate reading on how your site is doing in the se's G & Y.

One way I thought I could do this was to go to google rankings and see what my rank is for each keyword, is there a easier or more productive way, its only been like 1.5 months since i site has been online so I dont think its long enuf myself but the boss wants to see some sort of graph or some stats to tell us where we lying.

Any info or advice would be much help

#90 Haystack

Haystack

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:54 PM

There are a few programs that will give you the information you're looking for, like Web Position Gold. However, before using any automated ranking checker, be sure to check the terms of service of the search engines.

Additionally, you may want to think about what metrics are the most important to track from a business perspective. Rankings mean nothing if they don't deliver traffic that converts to sales.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.