• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ranking Reporting Software -no New Threads Please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#61 rohgan03

rohgan03

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:42 AM

melissa4707 : Your site probably shows up higher cos there is less competition there....though its hard to say for sure.

Dont bother about what your competitors are doing. Google constantly tweaks its algorithm to catch up with spam. When their pages get dropped..yours wont. Concentrate on building a good site and on marketing it well.

#62 cheethebee

cheethebee

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:07 AM

Hi,

I wanted to check our ranking across a large set of keywords phrases.

I do not want to check on Google, against T & C's. But on other SE's is there a good software package that would make this easier than a manual check.

Cheers

Chee.

#63 awebrank

awebrank

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 07:55 AM

Hy,
You coud use Advanced Web Ranking - search engine friendly.
I give you a large description here:

Checking your web site position is a very time consuming task. For example, if you have 10 keywords that you want to monitor, and you want to check the top 20 positions for 10 search engines, you need to perform about 200 (10 keywords * 10 engines * first 2 pages) individual searches to get the results. Then you need to compare the results one by one to find where your site is positioned. It may take you days to complete this task if you do this manually. That's where Advanced Web Ranking comes to help. Advanced Web Ranking is able to query over 200 search engines and quickly find out if you're moving up or down in the rankings, or if your site is listed at all. It will track the progress of your rankings over time and display that information in an easy to read and understand graphical and tabular reports. It can help you check not just the position of your website but the position of your competitors' web sites as well. Advanced Web Ranking has the ability to generate and email reports after an update was finished. Couple that with the Scheduled Updates ability, and you will be able to turn on your computer in the morning and find
reports on your websites ranks waiting for you in your Inbox. As a SEO, you can have updates being run and sent to your customers every night without even lifting a hand. Various types of reports (Current Rank, Top Sites, Web Site, etc.) can be created in any of the formats Advanced Web Ranking supports (PDF, HTML, Excel, XML or Text). Then they can be emailed to any of the addresses you pick from the Address Book, or saved to a folder where you can access them over the Internet.

#64 cheethebee

cheethebee

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:02 AM

Sorry mate, its sounds like you are trying to plug this software. I will have a look however ;)

#65 cheethebee

cheethebee

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:03 AM

Has anyone else tried this one?

#66 awebrank

awebrank

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:05 AM

You ask for a software and I present you a software. Sorry for doing that!
;)

Edited by awebrank, 09 July 2004 - 08:18 AM.

#67 sherri

sherri

Perceptum et Invenio

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:24 AM

Here's a free one that checks the major SEs:

http://www.webmaster...n-checker.shtml

I find it handy for casual monitoring.

#68 magellan

magellan

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:37 AM

Hi Xoroon - are you awebrank as well? :lol:

We might have to get Jill to compare your IP addresses. Could be interesting... :lmao:

#69 bardsmaid

bardsmaid

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

This is probably a 'duh' question, but is there someplace you can quickly find out a site's ranking in Google (or another engine) for given keywords--this for a site where it's fallen from page one into obscurity. I just want to find out exactly where it is to begin with.

Thanks.

-bardsmaid

#70 shesmi

shesmi

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

Hi bardsmaid

There are tools at www.marketleap.com and also www.digitalpoint.com that will find your position for certain keywords...

HTH,
sherri

#71 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:26 PM

Welcome bardsmaid! :lmao:

Yes, do a search at the search engine and keep on clicking through the pages.

Good luck!

Jill

P.S.

Then check the thread pinned at the top of this section about rank checking software. (Where I'll be moving this thread shortly.)

#72 bardsmaid

bardsmaid

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:02 AM

There are tools at www.marketleap.com and also www.digitalpoint.com that will find your position for certain keywords...

Thanks. This is the kind of stuff I was looking for.

#73 AbsolutelyFreeWeb

AbsolutelyFreeWeb

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:16 AM

When you search by keywords and want to know how your entry ranks depending on keywords you use, how do you find your entry if its deep down?

Right now I have to browse each page one by one to find my entry.

Is there any easier way?

#74 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:00 AM

To do it manually you can simply crank up the number of results displayed per page the do a Ctrl+F to search for part of your URL in each page. That's pretty quick.

Or if you're looking for something more automated, Digital Point is one of a handful of places that offer a tools to do what you ask.

#75 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:19 AM

Into the position-checking thread with this one....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!