• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ranking Reporting Software -no New Threads Please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#286 wassim

wassim

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(mking @ Jan 30 2008, 10:39 AM) View Post
Change the preferences in Google to show 100 results per page. Then use the find tool (ctrl F) and type in something from your site's URL. You should be able to now quickly fly through 1000 results to see where your site stands.

Wow! Thanks for this tip, I didn't know about it before. Thanks much smile.gif

Just one question, how can I know the position within the hundred result per page, do I count them from the beginning of the page till where my site is? Is there an easier way?

Best regards,
Wassim

#287 BBCoach

BBCoach

HR 5

• 402 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

One of the problem about the tutorials I read, was that none of them provided a site where I can check the site's position in google for a specific keyword.
wassim that's because SEO is dynamic and placements change constantly over a period of time. What is #1 today maybe #14 in 6 months.
What if my site isn't in the first 100 result . . .
That's about as far as you'd want to look anyways unless you're curious and have the time to go to 1000. But since most people don't get much beyond 20 SERPS before refining their search or leaving, what good is it to know that you're #324? I use 100 as if my pages were #1,000,000 and work to improve those pages until I see progress. That can take months or even years. SEO is not a get rich quick scheme. It's a long process to achieve results and to keep pages from tanking in the SEs. Change in the SEs is constant because they continually refine their algos to return the most relevant SERPS so that they remain relevant to users needs. As a result, what was a truism in SEO last year from reading tutorials/forums/newsletters, may have changed and you must test, observe, test, observe on a never ending cycle of learning. Personally, I find myself 3-6 months behind the subtle changes in SEs after they've made minor changes. Everybody notices the major changes and the SEO community reacts, but noticing the subtle ones takes a lot of time and testing and observing.

Just one question, how can I know the position within the hundred result per page, do I count them from the beginning of the page till where my site is? Is there an easier way?
In Google it's usually easy by putting your mouse cursor over the link [cached] and looking in the string for [cd=2]. Yahoo numbers them and in MSN it's normally a counting game. With MSN if I'm not in the top 50 I'm at #1,000,000 and start working to improve.

Edited by BBCoach, 30 January 2008 - 11:38 AM.

#288 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Moving to our rank checking thread...

#289 Kenneth Robert

Kenneth Robert

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

i need a site which provide me facility to check the SERP of any website for different keywords on different search engine.

I found few sites but they are not showing the correct result when i check manually
Do any one knows such site or any technique to solve this problem

#290 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

Those tools you've found are about it most likely.

Under the assumption that they're utilizing an API license, which is the only way to do it without breaking the TOS of any of the search engines, they API queries usually come from a dedicated dataset. Not one that normal searches use. So it would make sense if your manual queries show slightly different rankings.

#291 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:35 AM

API queries usually come from a dedicated dataset.
So the backend BD searched and ranked is different for an API query than a real live SE search.

If so what's the point in the API if they don't use the same data?

#292 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:57 AM

The API isn't the only separate datacenter 1dmf. Normal searches can all go thorugh different DC's also. That's one of the reasons you see rankings jump around so much. The DC's are basically never all sync'd up.

On the other side of the coin, if you're going to run automated queries and not use an API you stand the very real chance of attracting greater scrutiny or even a penalty. That's always been a no-no with all of the search engines, for obvious reasons.

#293 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

is that purely down to resourses?

so the system isn't sucked dry of bandwidth and fails to deliver search results?

#294 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Yup.

With API's they can and do limit the number of queries each application or user can suck up in a day. Having it on a different set of servers simply makes that easier.

Once upon a time Yahoo! ran their API stuff from the same servers as one of their main DC's. As soon as they moved it off of those to dedicated machines the API stuff started working a lot better.

#295 akaplan

akaplan

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

I need a tool that will allow me to run SERP report for certain keywords for my domain. I have over 50 words. I see a bunch of free tools that from a site. But I need to run it from a computer located in my state and would like a spreadsheet output.

Seems like one can't get a google API.

What are my options.

TIA<

#296 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

Check our pinned thread on rank reporting software (where I'll be moving this message in a minute or two).

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#297 ShariM

ShariM

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

Hi everyone. I need help. We're looking to start using a new search engine rank/position tracking tool to track upwards of 100 keywords across search engines for 7 different sites. Does anyone have any recommendations for free or paid tools? Here is what we need:

Unlimited keywords can be tracked (or at least some very high number)
Must keep historical data (must track over time)
Should track across at least Yahoo, Google, and MSN
Ability to track international sites' keywords (on Google UK, etc.) - need for UK, JP, and DE

Here are some additional features we would like to have but aren't critical:

Ability to track different websites via projects
Web based
Additional search engines included would be nice
Reporting capabilities (export to CSV, send alerts, etc.)

I've seen some of the free tools out there but nothing really meets all of our criteria. We are currently using WebCEO for position tracking but we're looking for something that can be accessed by multiple users that doesn't eat up resources (hence the web based request).

Thanks for your help.

#298 Clippit

Clippit

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

I'm not into this tool, but have you tried Wordtracker? It's one of the most famous keyword tracking too, if I can call it a tool. It's a whole site, but paid of course.

#299 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Welcome ShariM ! hi.gif

Please see our Rank Reporting Software thread, whiere I'll be moving this to in just a second.

#300 vietravel247.com

vietravel247.com

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

Dear all,
Please tell me how to check a keyword position in the google? Example: I want to know keyword "seo tip" position of site highranking.com in google?

Sorry for my English.

Thanks all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.