• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ranking Reporting Software -no New Threads Please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#16 onlineart

onlineart

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:45 PM

Very interesting discussion, Increaseranking.com is a real fantastic source of info.

#17 ephricon

ephricon

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:36 AM

thanks! i just checked out googlerankings.com and already love it! it does appear a bit off but the faq's say its due to preference options (read: adult filtering, etc). not that i'm in that market :halo: my results were just a touch off of what papa google had.

also above it was mentioned that they use different datacenters - i assume this will work itself out gradually after each major update, index, etc. ???

#18 richmoney

richmoney

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

hi, how do people find out that their site is in the to 500 sites , is it a manual process or through web position gold to check if the site is going up or down.

thanks
richmoney

#19 lyn

lyn

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 06:12 PM

There's a site I came across recently - don't know if it's well known - that will give you a quick tabular report on where your website ranks in each of a half-dozen search engines and a few directories.
Take a look at http://www.mikes-mar...anking-reports/ and see if it does what you want. No cost to use it.
Includes Google, Yahoo Search, MSN, AOL, Teoma/Ask Jeeves, AltaVista, AllTheWeb plus Yahoo Directory, Open Directory (Dmoz), and LookSmart.

L.

#20 karisewell

karisewell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:09 AM

Hi All,

We've used Agent Web Ranking to create reports on how our sites are doing in the search engines for a couple of years now. We've just been reminded that we are going to have to pay for another year now.

The program itself is excellent, except we have to manually go through each of our customers sites (no batch process, which is a pain for lots of sites). But before I pay the cash (it isn't cheap) are there any others that do a good job? We haven't found another decent one yet.

Cheers,

Kari

#21 diligent_d

diligent_d

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:18 PM

What is the best software out there for SE rankings software? Currently we are using Search Engine Commando, but at times results for certain Search Engines do not appear - even though when we do a manual check, the website appears in the said Search Engine.

Just curious - thanks in advance!

#22 SearchRank

SearchRank

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:31 PM

I like Ranking Manager. There are other good ones out there. Just be careful with any rank checking software not to abuse Google's TOS policy. :D

#23 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:21 PM

Please read through these threads where we've discussed this many times.

Jill

#24 bhowell

bhowell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

I need to track where my site ranks on several search engines for multiple keyword terms and phrases. I need the report to track these terms over time, and as if that weren't enough, I need to do this for multiple domains. Doing this manually literally takes days and I can't get anything else started, let alone finished. Is there a program or download that anyone can recommend that will do this?

#25 SearchRank

SearchRank

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:21 PM

Welcome bhowell! :aloha:

Please read through these threads and you will find plenty of recommendations and info. Going to close this one as this has been discussed a variety times already. You should be able to easily find an answer in one of those other threads.

#26 Asia Bill

Asia Bill

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:25 AM

Hi All
I worked in SEO in RankWrite days (if anyone here still remembers the early days), am now coming back to the field with my own company making sites for Asian tourism companies and also destination directories.
In those days we used WPG as there wasn't much else out there.
Now I see there are a few other programs, some of which look good if you believe the hype. I don't have the time & patience to work through them all, so am looking for advice & recommendations please.
My main areas of concern are:
>> Keyword research - software or use a service?
>> Site optimization - yes I know content, content, content <g>, but I found WPG really useful to check all the details and little things one sometimes forgets. Especially as will be running dozens of sites.
>> SERP tracking: software or service? Need to see what each site is doing by major keywords, especially need to be alerted to SERP changes and trends.
>> Traffic tracking & analysis. Just before I left the field WPG changed over to a new tracking system using hitslink - seemed sophisticated at the time but I'm hoping new software or systems will be far superior. I have a few specific requirements here:
a> marketing related reports for clients whose sites we've done, especially analysis of visitor source and country
b> watching surfing patterns through sites to check & adjust usability
c> exit link reports for web directories where clients are paying to be on our site - I need to report each month how many visitors we sent them, and preferably also what countries these folks came from (cannnot be via a redirect as the direct links we give them will help their SE rankings)
I see WPG is still around, also Web CEO looks interesting plus a few others. What do you up-to-date users recommend?
All constructive recommendations and help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

#27 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:12 AM

Welcome Asia Bill! :aloha:

I believe we have some other discussions around here that you might want to do a quick search for.

Good luck!

Jill

#28 Hungryfish

Hungryfish

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:13 PM

Asia Bill,

Like Jill said ,you may want to do some reading into who likes what and for what reasons. All in all SEO is to most of us is the satisfaction of helping to improve the clients current situation with our tested methodologies of what we feel is appropriate for there sites. I like some have very good feeling for some software, and they work very well but only as a support system to our strategies.

Go get Um!
jb

#29 disgust

disgust

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:01 AM

software? pfft, the good stuff's always done by hand. ;D

#30 johking

johking

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:52 AM

Hi guys

I searched for a way to find where exactly I was for my keywords, found a site that let me look for free, but it only tells you if you are in the first 30, which sadly I am not. I would like to know because if I'm 6 trillionth it would be sensible to give up on that keyword phrase entirely. There must be a way to check but maybe it costs...

Aargh. My new kitten is helping with the typing here, so it's getting a little tricky :spam:

Jo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!