• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Spam Reports

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 mcanerin

mcanerin

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:00 PM

I recently compiled a list of places to report spam to. The current version can always be found here: http://www.mcanerin....ne/spammers.htm

Warning, this is on my own website so there is marketing type stuff in the information near the top - the spam report list is at the bottom. I'll keep the page up to date, but right now I'll post the short version here (may change in the future, especially MSN):

Search Engine Spammer Reporting

AllTheWeb Report to Overture with the query and the URLS of the offending sites: feedback@Overture.com With the Subject: Spam Report

AltaVista Go to the Contact Page, fill out the form and select "Spam Reporting" as the subject.

Google, AOL Complete This Form You can also click on the "Help Us Improve" link at the bottom of searches.

Ask Jeeves Contact Form

DMOZ/ODP Send an email to staff@dmoz.org if an editor is misbehaving

Lycos Use this Form. Choose "Searching the Web" and put in the URL of the offending site

Inktomi, MSN Send and email to: reportspam@inktomi.com With the subject: Spam Report

Teoma Send an email here: ask@teoma..com

Yahoo Directory: url-support@yahoo-inc.com Search Results: Use the "Send Us Feedback" link at the bottom.

Yahoo Organic
reportsearchspam@yahoo-inc.com

Ian

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:48 PM

I know of two ways to report abuse to the ODP (not abuse by an editor, but a listing that doesn't belong):
There's the Open Directory Public Abuse Report System (which works great -- I got a site removed in less than a day) and the Hijacks & Other Content Changes thread at the Resource Zone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!