• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

This May Cause Duplicate Content ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reza10

reza10

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:18 AM

Hi

I have some articles and i post then on both  my website and my LinkedIn account. but on LinkedIn i paste my website link to get some visitors . (I post full article on LinkedIn not only first paragraph with read more link to my web site)

i want to know this is kind of duplicate content ? while both content are written by me ? and effect on my ranking or not

TNX

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

Sure, it's duplicate content. That doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, however. When a search engine becomes aware of duplicate content, it needs to determine which URL should be counted as canonical. You can help in that process.

The link should help search engines to view the version on your site as the canonical URL. Adding a self-referencing rel-canonical tag to the page on your site would probably help a bit as well. If the URL of the page is domain.com/page.html, add the following to the <head>:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.domain.com/page.html" />

If you could add a rel-canonical tag referencing the page on your site to the LinkedIn page, that would help a lot, but I don't think you can.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:02 AM

There's no "may" about it, it most obviously is, a fact that you must be patently aware of. So I suspect the answer you want is not to the question you asked but to the unasked one of

"Will this create a problem for, or with, Google"?

And the answer to that is ... ... Probably not. HOWEVER; ....

.... don't start breathing easily just yet.

While search engines with have no problem in dealing with it ... ... YOU, on the other hand or rather your 'articles' and your intent "to get more visitors" WILL have a 'problem'. Given a choice between multiple copies of any particular set of content, search engines WILL, almost invariably, (I say almost because there are exceptions,) choose to show the URL that has more inherent "authority" according to their algorithms, and as "LinkedIn" URLs are more likely to be deemed "authoritative" than your website URLs can ever be, which URL do you think will be shown to Search users??

To everybody that thinks "content marketing" as a "link building" exercise is a good idea need to learn and fully understand the meaning of the word authoritative because THAT is far, far more important than 'related' or 'relative' can EVER be.

If you want people to visit 'your' website to read 'your' articles, .... ... Where would you consider would be the only place to have those articles???

When you figure that out and understand the practicality of it, ... ... You have taken an important step along along the road to understanding real Search optimising..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.