• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Backlinks Are Not Registered. Noob Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 meeruf

meeruf

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hello guys. Just a noob question here. 

I have been working on a website for 1.5 month now. It's a niche site that have low competition for a lot of keywords. It's about nightlife in a specific place on the planet. I'm planning this webpage to be quite big after some time. I already have over 50 pages and 20 blog posts.

Some of the pages and posts on the page have I shared here and there on different facebook groups. Some of them have been very popular and some of them have been reshared over a hundred times. I have also shared some of the pages on reddit. 

Here is my question. None of the facebook links or reddit links are registered by Google Webmaster or ahrefs.com. 

My question is. Why? 

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:49 AM

They're not being reported because they haven't been noticed yet, or if they have, they just haven't made it into the reports yet. Google Search Console in particular is pretty slow to report such things. If and when they are found, they'll probably eventually be reported, but at least in ahrefs they're going to be marked as "nofollow" (I'm not certain about the reddit links, but the Facebook links will certainly be nofollow). Nofollow links can be helpful, but they shouldn't be expected to have much of an effect on rankings, assuming that's what you're hoping for.

And Google is likely to figure out that these are links that you placed yourself. Nofollow or not, that's not the kind of link Google sees as particularly valuable. Google considers editorial links to be a signal indicating that someone found your page to be valuable. They want the link to function as an indication that someone who has nothing to do with your site found it, thought it was interesting, and decided to recommend it to other people. These links are going to tell Google that you're making an effort to promote the site, which is something you have every right to do, but it's not a vote. It's an advertisement.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Here is my question. None of the facebook links or reddit links are registered by Google Webmaster or ahrefs.com. 

Who knows???

Who even cares???

You should get over this very last century obsession with link counting it has never been useful and just distracts you from what is REALLY important.

#4 meeruf

meeruf

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

They're not being reported because they haven't been noticed yet, or if they have, they just haven't made it into the reports yet. Google Search Console in particular is pretty slow to report such things. If and when they are found, they'll probably eventually be reported, but at least in ahrefs they're going to be marked as "nofollow" (I'm not certain about the reddit links, but the Facebook links will certainly be nofollow). Nofollow links can be helpful, but they shouldn't be expected to have much of an effect on rankings, assuming that's what you're hoping for.

And Google is likely to figure out that these are links that you placed yourself. Nofollow or not, that's not the kind of link Google sees as particularly valuable. Google considers editorial links to be a signal indicating that someone found your page to be valuable. They want the link to function as an indication that someone who has nothing to do with your site found it, thought it was interesting, and decided to recommend it to other people. These links are going to tell Google that you're making an effort to promote the site, which is something you have every right to do, but it's not a vote. It's an advertisement.

I guess I just have to continue to write good content. Not that I had any other plans. :P I just find statistics and SEO interesting too. Love to watch those graphs. xD

I shared a post two days ago. Now it got 500 reshares and over 10.000 people clicked the links from facebook. That feels good. It also got postet one some forums and twitter. A also noticed that about 15% went further into my site to read more. Every day I have about 50 clicks from google searches. It's not much, lets hope Google like my site in some months. Some of my pages is ranking on 3th and 4th page on the keywords I want it to rank on. . I have also seen it on the top of page 2 some times. 

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

I shared a post two days ago. Now it got 500 reshares and over 10.000 people clicked the links from facebook.

Soooooo! If you can get 10,000 visitors WITHOUT Google being remotely involved, what makes you think that Google is in any way shape or form important to your website's 'success'??

Even more importantly, ...  WHY THE .... are you piddling about counting useless damn "backlinks"? 

Just get on with the REAL job of getting real traffic and converting as much as possible, because you will NEVER, EVER get that volume of  qualified traffic from Google in a WEEK, even if you live to be a hundred years old.

#6 meeruf

meeruf

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

Soooooo! If you can get 10,000 visitors WITHOUT Google being remotely involved, what makes you think that Google is in any way shape or form important to your website's 'success'??

Even more importantly, ...  WHY THE .... are you piddling about counting useless damn "backlinks"? 

Just get on with the REAL job of getting real traffic and converting as much as possible, because you will NEVER, EVER get that volume of  qualified traffic from Google in a WEEK, even if you live to be a hundred years old.

Because I write reviews and guides about places. I want to google show it on first page when people such for those places. If that happen, I don't need to share my pages. 

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 06:04 AM

If that happen, I don't need to share my pages. 

Don't be ridiculous!!! Of COURSE you do.

It's because YOU AND OTHERS do such things is THE reason why Google does. When YOU stop so will Google. 

Search engine referrals do not happen by 'magic', they happen because YOU and others actively promote your pages.  

Promoting YOUR reviews is YOUR job NOT Google's, they MIGHT help you along the way, sure. But you can be absolutely, 100%, totally positive about the fact that if YOU don't .... ... they won't either.

As I have said before (many times) Search referrals are NOT EVER, NEVER  the goal of your promotional effort, ... ...

They are merely a consequence or a by-product of what YOU do ... and If you can't be bothered to promote your content, .... Why the .... should Google??????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.