• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Help And Some Advice Requested About My Meta Tags.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SEOjunior86

SEOjunior86

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if someone with more experience than me could give me some tips with my current project. I am building up a new landing page (It still is under-construction) however, I would like to start creating the meta tags. I would be so happy to  know your opinion please.

TITLE

[removed]

DESCRPITION

[removed]

To finish, could someone give me a link with a good SEO tips, I know there are a lot of pages that they are speaking about that atm, but that is the problem, there are a lot of pages and I am not sure what tips I should to follow. Do you know some GOOD page with GOOD LIST OF TIPS?

Thanks in advance

Andres

Edited by torka, 07 December 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

I removed your proposed title tags and description, because I'm pretty sure you don't want our forum outranking your pages for your chosen search terms even before you get the landing pages built. :) (Plus, we don't offer specific review/consultation services for free here on the forum.)

In general, your title tag should give the visitor a good idea of what the page is about, in such a way that they are enticed to click through and actually visit the page. A list of keywords is not so good for that. Something that incorporates a call to action or piques the viewers' interest in some way is better.

Same thing with the description. It may or may not be used by Google as the snippet in the search results, but if it contains the search query phrase (or a close variant) and a call to action, that's better than one that's simply written to stuff in as many possible search phrases as possible.

The basics of SEO have not changed much over the years. In fact, what you'll find when you look up at lot of the "latest and greatest" advice is simply a return to what we've been saying all along here. Read the articles that are pinned just above where you posted this message: http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

Some of the articles there may be a little older, but the principles have not changed. There is no need to chase after the "newest SEO tactics" (especially since what many "experts" are touting as "new and improved" is simply the same thing we've been saying all along).

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.