• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Rank For Short Keywords , Need Your Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reza10

reza10

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

Hi friends

I have a non English blog and i want to rank for some short targeting keywords

I have many articles for long tail keywords and for many of them i rank between page 1 to 3

for example for phrase "kebab cooking tips" i rank page 1 but for keyword "cooking" i am not even in first 10 page of SERP.

I do perfect internal seo on my blog but i can not rank on short keywords.

my question is how i can rank for short keywords and what is the best White hat way to do that.

Thank you for advice

(My blog is not English and keyword cooking is Enlgish Translation of my keyword)

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:04 AM

for example for phrase "kebab cooking tips" i rank page 1 but for keyword "cooking" i am not even in first 10 page of SERP.

Are your pages the ABSOLUTE 'best' from the hundreds of thousands of other pages that mention 'cooking'??

I do perfect internal seo on my blog ...

There is your problem!

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:10 AM

One-word search terms are generally the most competitive terms out there, and your competition is likely to be well-entrenched and almost impossible to dislodge. Honestly, no matter how "perfect" you may think your on-page optimization is, do you seriously in your heart of hearts KNOW that your site is two or three times better than the best of your competition? If you were to ask random strangers on the street to compare your site with those that show up in the top 10, would every single one of them agree that your site is multiples better than any of the pages in the top 10?

First, your content must be at least two or three times better than your competition just to get the ball rolling -- that is, better written, more entertaining, more useful, more informative, more engaging -- NOT "more/better keyword focused." Simply doing as well as the competition will not get you the rankings you desire. According to some in the industry, ten times better is the ideal. but I think if you can improve your content to the point it's objectively two or three times better, I believe you'll start to see some results.

Second, your site itself must be much better than the competition. More attractive, easier to use, better organized, more complete. The navigation needs to be more intuitive; the calls to action need to be stronger.

Third, you will need better (and possibly more) earned editorial links than what they have. These are not links you can "build." These are links that webmasters of other reputable websites place on their sites linking to your pages because they like your content so much they want to share it with their own visitors. Any link that you place or "build" yourself, any link where you tell the webmaster what anchor text you'd like or which page you'd on which you'd like the link to appear, any link you pay for -- these are not earned editorial links. You will have to spend a lot of time marketing your website through channels other than SEO, and building personal relationships with webmasters of related (but not competitive) sites.

This is definitely a lot of hard work, but it's what you have to do if you want to break in to the top 10, top 20 or even the top 30 or 40 for a competitive keyword.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Edited by torka, 07 December 2015 - 11:11 AM.

• reza10 likes this

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:13 AM

The most important short phrase you need  to be found for is your name and/or the name of your Website.  Everything else in the "short phrase" arena is of secondary importance.  This is one of the hardest lessons for most Web marketers to learn.

• reza10 likes this

#5 reza10

reza10

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:00 AM

I have around 50 articles and many of them are +2000 words. i use my short keyword in many of my articles but i do not know why my long keywords rank well but the short keyword is not in first 10 pages of SERP.

when i search for my short keywords i see many useless and poor blogs in pages 5 to 10 of SERP . so how google ranks to them better than me ? 

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

so how google ranks to them better than me ?

Because you are chasing "rankings for 'key' words", and they probably aren't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.