• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Bing Webmaster Tools Incompatibility Issues Reported For New Microsoft

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ttw

ttw

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

Our client received an email from Bing WMTs  saying ...

"We have identified 4 known issues with your website in Microsoft Edge – the new default browser for Windows 10 and Bing –  Of the four problems mentioned, only two seem to be relevant (maybe)

• We’ve found that this webpage may include HTML markup that treats Microsoft Edge differently from other modern browsers. The new EdgeHTML rendering engine for Microsoft Edge is document-mode agnostic and designed for fast, modern rendering. We recommend that you implement one code base for all modern browsers and include Microsoft Edge as part of your modern browser test matrix.

• We've found that this webpage may have missing vendor-specific prefixes or may have implemented vendor-specific prefixes when they are not required in common CSS properties. This may cause compatibility problems with how this webpage renders across different browsers.

Last month the client received 20K visitors from all IE browsers and this is significant if it truly is going to impact usability and indexing.

Are other folks making changes to their code to adapt to MS Edge?   

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

Sounds more like an ad for their browser than anything else, to me!

#3 ttw

ttw

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

Yes Jill I checked all our client's sites in the browser tool Bing provided and all of them had multiple "suggestions".  I don't see webmaster making these changes.  I can't believe there would be significant consequences from an indexing perspective.

I see you're enjoying your retirement!

• Jill likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.