• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Missing Image And 404 Error In Console

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bonset

bonset

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Hi all,

This is a basic question but I need your confirmation because people tell me there is no problem with SEO but I think there is.

In every page of my site I get a 404 error (google chrome console) for an image which seems to be missing. Everything seems right with the site's appearance but still I have this 404 error for a missing image.

Is this missing image causing me problem with the site seo ?

Since last month I am experiencing a loss of traffic as the site completely disappeared from Google.

I am pretty desperate and any ideas about this 404 error on the missing image might help.

Thank you all in advance.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

I think it's highly unlikely that a missing image is going to seriously hurt your traffic, but the problem should be fixed nevertheless, either by fixing the code calling the image or deleting it.

You say that the pages load properly, and you don't see anything missing from the look of the page in the browser. Have you identified the image that bots can't find? Is it possibly a small file (maybe 1x1px) that loads from a remote server and acts as a beacon for some third-party application?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.