• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Absolute Nightmare With My New Business!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmaust

jmaust

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

Ok so in order to somewhat protect my privacy and most importantly not create another link to a negative blog post I am going to say that my business is a women's purse business.

*note i am not actually in that industry and there is no such thing called double strap gold buckle purses, i have made this up to illustrate my problem while remaining anonymous. If we talk in person message perhaps I will show you my actual problem later.

Anyways I just started a new business and Im dealing with an online reputation nightmare. To illustrate it Ive concocted the following example:

Lets say in women's purse industry there is a we'll known type of luxury purse called a double strap gold buckle purse, it is a type of purse not a brand. However I opened my business and called it double strap gold buckle purses in order to gain some traffic since people type that in anyways. my domain is also that name. 

now when people google double strap gold buckle purses, first my google business and map shows up, then right after that a blog post called "the truth about double strap gold buckle purses". It has nothing to do with my business but sounds really bad like my business is a scam or something.

What are my options?

I have noticed my actual website as well as social media profiles are about half way through the first google page. They have all been around for about a month, the negative blog is about 2 years old. Will my pages eventual just move up and overwhelm it?

Also, when I type in double strap gold buckle purses reviews into google, the bad blog is the first thing that shows up. however I noticed it has the word ratings in the content but no exact keyword match of "double strap gold buckle purses reviews" in it . Does this mean that if I create a blog post on my site titled "double strap gold buckle purses reviews on my site it will outrank it instantly due to an exact keyword match?

will youtube videos also outrank it?

Any help would be so appreciated.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:58 AM

Ok so in order to somewhat protect my privacy and most importantly not create another link to a negative blog post I am going to say that my business is a women's purse business.

Don't worry about it, though you did save one of us from editing your post to remove any reference to your site URLs or targeted "key" words.

now when people google double strap gold buckle purses, first my google business and map shows up, then right after that a blog post called "the truth about double strap gold buckle purses". It has nothing to do with my business but sounds really bad like my business is a scam or something.

What are my options?

Live with it, ... It's a new business, why are you expecting Google to treat it as if it has been around for years.

Will my pages eventual just move up and overwhelm it?

Maybe, ... Maybe not.

But why worry about it? YOU cannot change that, you get on with the business of getting converting traffic to your document URLs, and let Google get on with their business of finding useful URLs for their users queries. At some point those two 'missions' may converge and your 'pages' will start getting converting visitors from Google results.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

All you can do is try stuff and see what happens. There are no absolutes in SEO.

#4 jmaust

jmaust

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

Ok but what other things can be done with keywords?

For instance I went to a famous forum and created a post that says "double strap gold buckle purses are beautiful" and in the post included the keyword reviews and its already starting to rank since last night!

What other things could I do like that?

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

Ok but what other things can be done with keywords?

Nothing.

For instance I went to a famous forum and created a post that says "double strap gold buckle purses are beautiful" and in the post included the keyword reviews and its already starting to rank since last night!

Nothing unusual there, ALL newly discovered URLs appear high up in the results for a few days after they are indexed.

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

addition:

Why do you think "key" words/phrases and website or company name references are removed from posts at highrankings?

It's not because we are being 'awkward' about self-promotion. It's because your post/thread here WILL 'outrank' your site URLs for those terms for a while. We are simply saving you from shooting yourself in the foot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.