• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Noindex Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crox

Crox

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

I have a travel website which features 15 destinations. Only one of these destinations is important to me, though I want to leave the content of the other 14 destinations on-line. From an SEO point of view, does it make sense to "noindex" all pages and sub-pages of the 14 unimportant destinations so that google sees my website as very important and focused on my 1 important destination? I think that as it is right now my 1 important destination is "diluted" and so google doesnt push it up the ranks.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:10 AM

From an SEO point of view, does it make sense to "noindex" all pages and sub-pages of the 14 unimportant destinations so that google sees my website as very important and focused on my 1 important destination?

No it doesn't ... and no it won't.

I think that as it is right now my 1 important destination is "diluted" and so google doesnt push it up the ranks.

You are completely wrong in that assumption / hypothesis.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:17 AM

Having pages about locations B, C, and D does nothing to make the page about location A any less relevant to information about location A. And having numerous pages about travel to various locations, that link to the page about location A, serves to strengthen the signal that that page is about travel to location A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.