• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Toadally

Toadally

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 08:13 PM

Jill, can I say this? Your image of your self was much more attractive formerly then what you have now. Did not quite know where to put this. On my screen it looks rough around the edges now visually and just not as good as as before. ;)

#2 Toadally

Toadally

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 08:53 PM

WOW! don't know if that was the right emoticon but it sure is graghic!

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 10:25 PM

Hey Toadally, yeah, i'm not too thrilled with this particular avatar either. Just trying it out. I didn't have the original photo which Debra (Magnolia) took when we were in Atlanta. Was gonna see if she has the original and try to make a better one. Otherwise, I might go with something else. Just fooling around with different things.

And you don't like my horse? :whip:

BTW, do I know you from other forums or elsewhere? Your nickname isn't familiar so I'm wondering who you are! ;)

Jill

#4 Farhan

Farhan

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:38 PM

<Ahem> Is there something I can do, Jill? ;) :whip:

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 11:43 PM

Not really sure what I want yet, Farhan. Will let you know if I could use some help though, when I figure it out.

For now, spongebob will do... ;)

J

#6 Toadally

Toadally

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:33 PM

Getting used to the avatar now and I guess I kinda like it. BUT I think as Administrater you should have your photo as it adds credibility AND your beautiful face. And I DO like that emoticon. Just didn't show its capabilities when I clicked on it.
As to who, you must use your inner emoticon to find the answer.
"Only the still pond may reflect the stars" (or some such platitude as that!) :thumbup:

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:33 AM

And speaking of Avatars...anyone see Scottie's sexy new one? :thumbup:

:)

#8 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:42 AM

I did. I really like it! She looks like a totally different person. I think I've only ever seen that one other picture of her, so I have no idea which of them more closely resembles her real appearance. :thumbup: Kind of the funny nature of the Internet, isn't it? You tend to get a kind of mental idea of someone when you have communication with them on the Internet, or indeed in any one medium, and it's always weird to experience a different... facet? I don't know. I do know I'm very used to Jill's newsletter and the "tone" of her "voice" in it so if I go listen to those "what's working in biz" things (which I do if I'm the only one in the office) it's very odd to hear her recorded voice. I have a lot of people I only keep in contact with online and I've grown accustomed to associating their 'avatar' or 'icon' with them, so to see them again in the flesh is odd because they seem to be a different person.
Ok, I guess that was a tangent. :) Anyway, I like the new avatar. I never bothered much with them before, but I think I might start playing with mine now. They're fun.

#9 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:52 AM

And speaking of Avatars...anyone see Scottie's sexy new one?  :thumbup:

Starting to worry about you Jill :stunned:

LOL- thanks.

#10 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:00 AM

I think I've only ever seen that one other picture of her, so I have no idea which of them more closely resembles her real appearance.

This one was just taken yesterday afternoon. The one you've seen at Cre8 dragonlady, is about 2 years old now. I never liked the one from Atlanta much(at IHY), although it was very nice of Jason (JustTrying) to create it for me.

I do know I'm very used to Jill's newsletter and the "tone" of her "voice" in it so if I go listen to those "what's working in biz" things (which I do if I'm the only one in the office) it's very odd to hear her recorded voice.

Jill's voice does not match her "voice" to me either! I had a hard time listening to those sound clips- they didn't match up in my head.

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:24 AM

Starting to worry about you Jill  :stunned:

Hehehe...well, you didn't like when I called your one from Atlanta cute...if you'll remember.

I think you got it just right with this one! Although I do love the pic from Atlanta too, because it's exactly as I remember you there. But this new one looks exactly like you do in real life too.

Next up...mine!

And yes, Dragonlady, I agree that it's really weird to meet people you know online. I've had the pleasure to meet a good number of my online friends. Some I get used to their real persona right away, others take longer. The ones who have a picture online that doesn't really look like them any more are the hardest to get used to because you have that picture in your mind.

That said, most people who meet me say that I look exactly like my pictures and act exactly how I do in my newsletter, etc. As I (and Popeye) always say, I y'am what I y'am!

:thumbup:

J

#12 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:39 AM

Hehehe...well, you didn't like when I called your one from Atlanta cute...if you'll remember. 

AH! OK, yes. I asked for that! :thumbup:

Jill does look exactly like her picture in real life. It was just the voice that didn't fit!

#13 dragonlady7

dragonlady7

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:45 AM

Recorded voices are always funny.

My boyfriend and I share an apartment and a wireless network, and we both have the new Mac program iChat AV, so we can have audio or visual chats. Well, when I'm using my iMac in another room from where he's using his Powerbook, he'll sometimes start a voice chat session to talk to me. And man, it does not sound like him at all. The funniest and weirdest part is that I can hear his real voice dimly at a half-second before the recorded one, so it confuses me even more. It doesn't sound like him at all, and he says I sound like I'm in an anime film or something.

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!