• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Does Too Much Ads Posting Hurts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 janiman

janiman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

To cretae a hype for my new brand i'm thinking of doing a lot of ads posting along with many other things. Is this a good idea? As far as i know ads posting can get my website too much backlinks? Can these backlinks hurt my website ranking? What is the Google's update according to the ads posting? Should i create 1 ad to post on multiple website or shuld i create 20 to 30 ads to submit on multiple websites?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

To cretae a hype for my new brand i'm thinking of doing a lot of ads posting along with many other things.Is this a good idea? As far as i know ads posting can get my website too much backlinks? 

There is no such thing as "too much backlinks"  ONLY a problem with too many self placed, crap quality backlinks. (just like the one you are planning)

By the way, yes, placing ads to create a hype or a 'buzz' IS a 'good idea BUT should NOT be used for 'links' that bit is a very BAD idea.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:57 AM

What's an "ads posting"?

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:11 AM

I'm going to guess it's something along the lines of dropping links on Craigslist and other free classified sites. Over on another forum where I moderate, I've been for years slapping down SEOwannabees hyping classified ad postings as a way of gaining "backlinks." (Along with all the other usual crap: "Web 2.0", article repositories, free directories, blog comments, forum link drops -- all the places "link builders" use to "create backlinks" when they don't know how / don't want to expend the effort to earn legitimate editorial links.)

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.