• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Seo For A New Social Media Website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 janiman

janiman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:11 AM

My company has created a new social media website and they want me to do SEO for it. Its a very big budget project.
Right now i,m totally clueless on what to do.
Till now i did Local SEO and International SEO for products and services and online stores but social media website is totally different.

So what should i do, from where should i start?
After on Page SEO, what Off Resources should i use?
Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

Why is a social media site "totally different"? It needs customers (members) who are interested in the service it offers (social connections). Depending on how the site is going to be monetized, it may also need to attract advertisers. I don't see where it's all that different from any other service business.

What do you think is different about it? Why do you think the SEO tactics you already know would not work in this case?

--Torka :oldfogey:

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

If Google can fail to make ANY inroads  with two attempts at  'social media' websites, what is going to make your's "special"? Because if you don't have a really, really, really great USP (Unique Selling Point), employing the finest SEO practitioners and marketers on the planet is NOT going "make it happen".

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

The kind of SEO you want to do for a social media site is all about generating brand-name queries.  Don't go for links.  Publish content on as many popular blogs and news sites as you can, create buzz, get people to try out the service and talk about it with their friends.  What you want is for people to search on the name of the service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.