• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Article Submission

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dpuk44

dpuk44

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hi all,

Hope all are well. I have a question and is stuck in my brain!!!

If I like an article on the web and want to post it on my blog site...can my site be penalized for duplicate content or any other reason?

Thanks

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

There's more than "duplicate content" at play here. The possible issues you might face depend on where you found the article and whether you have permission of the author to reproduce it on your site. It's a matter of of how  you go about it, and the scale of your operation.

For example, if you request and obtain permission to use the content and simply reproduce one article, you have little to worry about.

At the other end of the spectrum, if you engage in wholesale content scraping, the duplicate content filter will be the least of your worries. If you get reported by the content owners too many times for copyright violations, Google might drop all your pages from the search results, and replace them with a notification that the site in question has engaged in multiple instances of content theft. (Not to mention that if a particularly tenacious content owner tracks you down, they could also sue you for copyright infringement.)

Just because you "found" something posted on the Internet, that doesn't mean it's free to use as you see fit. Unless the place you found it already includes a "terms of use" document or page that explicitly gives you permission to use the article, you should always contact the author to ask permission before using.

--Torka :oldfogey:

• dpuk44 likes this

#3 Timberland

Timberland

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:23 AM

I have a little bit different question. If I use the same article for many guest blog posting, is it ok? Does it count as duplicate? Can it have bad influence?

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

No, Yes and YES!!!!!!!!

Edited by chrishirst, 11 November 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

Guest posting for links is a violation of Google's Webmaster guidelines.

Intentionally republishing the same content over and over again on many Websites for links is a violation of Google's Webmaster guidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.