• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Tool To See Competitors Keywords

Best Answer torka , 16 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

Personally, I don't care what keywords my competitors are using. The only reason I'd care is if I were certain my competitors were all much smarter, totally better informed and way better marketers than I am, which is a contention I reject wholeheartedly. ;)

Instead, I pay attention to our customers. For instance, I make sure I get a copy of every customer service email we receive, so I can get a feel for the words and phrases our customers use when they describe the product they have (which would then likely be the same words and phrases a prospect of ours might use when looking for that same product). It also allows me to see where they might be getting tripped up or confused, which helps me tailor my copy to address those issues.

Way I figure it, it's a whole lot more important to know what keywords my customers are using than to worry about what keywords my :clown: competitors might have stumbled over.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevs2

kevs2

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

I'm ramping up an Adwords campaign, and am just curious what the best tool is currently to see competetors keywords, either for Adwords or Organic. Thanks.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

There isn't one.

#3 kevs2

kevs2

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

Sorry Chris. How about recommended...

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:40 PM   Best Answer

Personally, I don't care what keywords my competitors are using. The only reason I'd care is if I were certain my competitors were all much smarter, totally better informed and way better marketers than I am, which is a contention I reject wholeheartedly. ;)

Instead, I pay attention to our customers. For instance, I make sure I get a copy of every customer service email we receive, so I can get a feel for the words and phrases our customers use when they describe the product they have (which would then likely be the same words and phrases a prospect of ours might use when looking for that same product). It also allows me to see where they might be getting tripped up or confused, which helps me tailor my copy to address those issues.

Way I figure it, it's a whole lot more important to know what keywords my customers are using than to worry about what keywords my :clown: competitors might have stumbled over.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• chrishirst likes this

#5 kevs2

kevs2

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Torka, I hear you. I've compiled a keyword list over the years, but it always good to shake things up...See what's out there.

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:47 AM

Sorry Chris. How about recommended...

Not even that 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.