• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Which Activities To Rank Better?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sajidisraq

sajidisraq

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:02 AM

Which activity is the most important for getting high ranking in search engine results? I am regularly using forum posting and social bookmarking, but my website is not getting high rankings. What should I do next to get better rankings for my service related website?

Edited by torka, 05 October 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

What should I do next to get better rankings for my service related website?

STOP doing this.

I am regularly using forum posting and social bookmarking

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Read these articles for new SEOs.

Seriously, if you think that spamming forums and social bookmarking is going to get you where you want to go, you need to go back and learn the basics of what constitutes good solid SEO before you go too far off the rails.

In a nutshell:

• Pick a topic or industry that is not already loaded with long-entrenched competition or so saturated with spam that any attempts at breaking in without a massive budget would be futile. (Unless you've got a lot of employees to handle the work it's going to take, and a huge marketing budget, that is. :) )

• Make sure there are no impediments in your code that would prevent the spiders from reading it correctly.

• Craft exceptional content. Not just what you think is "good content" but what an objective third-party reader would consider some of the best, most useful, most entertaining or engaging stuff they've read on this topic for a long, long time. (This is one case where "good enough" is probably not "good enough." Your content must be awesome and amazing.)

• Market your site. Advertise -- online, in print, broadcast, billboards, whatever. Include your URL on your business stationery. Yes, mention it on social media, but don't make that your primary (or only) channel. No more spamming forums or link-dropping in blog comment streams or any other cheap and easy so-called "link building." Those things are a waste of time and you don't have time to waste. Seek out personal relationships with other website owners. Tell all your friends. Do whatever you need to do to bring that exceptional content to the attention of people who will read it, who will take action because of it, and who will (perhaps) be in a position at some point to grant you an earned editorial link or two.

• Stop worrying about "shiny things" like link-building and rankings. These are a distraction from the real business of making a high-performing website. Focus on how much traffic you're getting and where it's coming from, and how to make the best use of that traffic once it arrives (by monitoring thinks like conversions and conversion rates, and constantly testing to see what you can do to improve them).

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Edited by torka, 05 October 2015 - 10:45 AM.

• Ron Carnell and chrishirst like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.