• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Help With Geo Location Searches On Seo.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Danielkaz

Danielkaz

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

I wonder if someone can help me, im having a massive issue right now with my SEO within certain locations that I just cant solve?

My site ranks for generic keywords (not location related) on page 1, but only if searched in certain areas of the UK? If i change my location on the browser to a different location in the UK, my site will not show up? This is the same if i use a computer or my mobile to perform these searches in a different part of the UK also.

I am based in Essex, and my site shows up in all areas of Essex, London, and if the location is set to UK too. But not if i change my location to 'liverpool' or 'devon' or 'leeds' for example??

It used to until a few weeks ago?

At the same time as this happening i added https to the website as it does take transactions on it, but not a full blown ecommerce website (just 1 product being sold on the site).

The https i used was a free one called cloudflare and was hosted in the US, so i thought this may be something to do with it, so i hae now purchased an SSL through heartinternet which now brings the location back to the UK (done Monday this week).

I have also ensured that webmaster tools is updated to show that the site is UK hosted too (done Monday this week), but none of this has made a difference??

I have done a 'fetch & render' through webmaster tools, and the site has been crawled again, but still no luck?

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:36 PM

so i hae now purchased an SSL through heartinternet 

Accept my sincere commiserations, hopefully you will soon get over it.

My site ranks for generic keywords (not location related) on page 1, but only if searched in certain areas of the UK? If i change my location on the browser to a different location in the UK, my site will not show up? This is the same if i use a computer or my mobile to perform these searches in a different part of the UK also.

That's 'rankings' for you. And, "Local" means 'local' to the user doing the searches, so no matter where you are physically located or what you set your 'browser to', you're always going to be in Nelson Lancashire. (where your IP resolves to)  for Search purposes.

Regardless of server IP which isn't that good a indicator, where does the site content put the business?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.