• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Several Pages With Chinese Translation In Website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AvyGuttman

AvyGuttman

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I would like some comments, hopefully from several of you. Here is a situation:

-A website gets a good chunk of visitors from China. So, they decide they want to offer

a Chinese translation. This is how they are going about it:

1) Adding a Chinese flag to the header. Unfortunately this flag does not show up in the mobile friendly version of the site,

so no offer of translations to mobile users.

2) Clicking on this flag will lead to a homepage that is a translated version of the original homepage but with various differences

to its original. In reality the translated version consists of about 40 translated sales sheets for their products. The pages are visual and informative. 

Any ideas, advice, rants etc...greatly appreciated and thanks.

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

From an SEO perspective what you are doing is fine.  You don't have to offer a 1-to-1 representation of the same content in multiple languages; that's just a convention adopted among many marketers.  Whatever works for the visitors is best.

If you get a lot of mobile visitors from China or other Chinese-language populations then I think you should update the mobile template to use some sort of icon (maybe an appropriate Chinese character) to help the visitors find a language they understand better.

Google says it only has one index for Desktop and Mobile-oriented content so there should be no crawling/indexing/ranking issues that I can think of.  In fact, if the translated (Chinese language) content is crawlable/indexable, I would expect that to be shown more often to the Chinese-language users anyway.

But you want the Chinese-language content to be mobile-friendly too (if you get a lot of mobile traffic for that content).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.