• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Real Estate Website Seo Penalized... Why?

Best Answer torka , 24 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

You have a one-month old website in one of the most highly competitive markets online. I assume the "IDX integration" means that at least some of your pages are displaying content fed from a data provider -- content that is available to other real estate sites as well (which means it is probably not unique). Is that correct? Then you talk about "on-page SEO work" but don't mention anything about having any earned editorial links pointing to your pages.

You are not penalized. You've just picked a very competitive market, you're working with non-unique content and you don't seem to have much by way of a strong link profile. And you need to keep in mind that SEO is not a short-term marketing tactic, so one month is not nearly enough time to see results. It can take months to years (all the way up to "forever") to get top rankings, depending on the competitiveness of the market, your skill as an optimizer, overall market conditions, the effect of Google algorithm updates on your and your competitors' pages, what marketing tactics your competitors initiate in the meantime, and sheer luck, among other factors.

If you're looking for organic rankings, you've got a lot of work ahead of you, and it's going to take a lot longer than a month or two. If you want faster results, consider PPC advertising.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greymann

greymann

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

I created a large real estate website, with IDX integration, which has been up for over a month. It has a fairly popular facebook link.  Google ranking is horrible... not even in the first 30 pages. I've used yoast and some audit tools to do some on-page SEO work. Yoast is showing a green light on my two key-phrase optimized pages.  There are still recommended tasks and a couple critical errors showing, but I don't see that any of the issues would cause us to rank to badly. I even see non-real estate sites doing better than ours.

I'm hoping for some leads from the community as to what we're doing so wrongly.  

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by torka, 24 September 2015 - 09:47 AM.
Removed link - we don't allow specific site review, sorry

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:47 AM   Best Answer

You have a one-month old website in one of the most highly competitive markets online. I assume the "IDX integration" means that at least some of your pages are displaying content fed from a data provider -- content that is available to other real estate sites as well (which means it is probably not unique). Is that correct? Then you talk about "on-page SEO work" but don't mention anything about having any earned editorial links pointing to your pages.

You are not penalized. You've just picked a very competitive market, you're working with non-unique content and you don't seem to have much by way of a strong link profile. And you need to keep in mind that SEO is not a short-term marketing tactic, so one month is not nearly enough time to see results. It can take months to years (all the way up to "forever") to get top rankings, depending on the competitiveness of the market, your skill as an optimizer, overall market conditions, the effect of Google algorithm updates on your and your competitors' pages, what marketing tactics your competitors initiate in the meantime, and sheer luck, among other factors.

If you're looking for organic rankings, you've got a lot of work ahead of you, and it's going to take a lot longer than a month or two. If you want faster results, consider PPC advertising.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• Jill and chrishirst like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.