• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Stopped Indexing My New Pages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IanSerota

IanSerota

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

I have been building my site over 2.5 years through content building.  I have just started in the last few days to start a proper back linking structure to build my back links since they are low.

As of August 1, 2015 google stopped indexing the new pages I added to my site.  I used to rank on page 1 for any new page I added in, but as of August 1, 2015 Google stopped indexing any new pages that I have posted.

Does anyont know why this happened?

I did an ahrefs report and my world ranking, which is was low to begin with dropped around the same time from 100MM to 115MM.

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

Let's make sure we're all on the same page here. First you say Google isn't indexing your new pages, then you talk about how your pages used to rank well when you added them. Indexing and ranking aren't the same thing. Do any of these new pages show up when you do a "site:" search? If so, they're indexed, just not ranking.

Or more accurately, not showing ranking well when you check the rankings through whatever means you check them. Since Google personalizes most search results, it's possible -- likely, even -- the rankings you see are not necessarily the same as those others might see. This is why around here we generally don't get excited about apparent changes in rankings unless there are also other, more reliable, indicators of trouble (i.e. a big drop in traffic from organic search, a decrease in conversions, etc.).

Now, assuming your new pages really are not being indexed, and this isn't just a rank checking "issue", do you see any crawl errors or other notifications in the Google Search Console that would indicate a problem?

Do you use a CMS or are these pages individually coded? If they're individually coded, could there potentially be something in the page code that's discouraging the spiders?

Do these new pages have any links pointing to them from any domains other than ones you control? When you say you're "building links" to your website, what do you mean by that? (There's a lot of outdated advice floating around out there regarding "link building" -- a term I despise, by the way -- which following could get you in trouble nowadays.)

--Torka :oldfogey:

#3 IanSerota

IanSerota

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

Torka,

Thank you for responding.

I posted 3 pages on August 1, 2015.

I track what I post on every day to make sure that I don't duplicate information.  I am a real estate and tis is a real estate website.

If I use the site: command in google for two of the pages both posted on the SAME day.

site:www.example.com/James-Cooper-Mansion-Condos-MLS-Listings-For-Sale-28-Linden-Toronto/

site:www.example.com/X2-Condos-MLS-Listings-For-Sale-101-Charles-East-Toronto/

The first one shows up in the results, the second does not show up in the results around.

The link building I am doing is more along the lines of networking with individuals and creating more a of a social presence online.  Trying to write more articles and get a following on sites.  Nothing inorganic as I believe that everything that is best done is done in an organic sense.

When I say it isn't indexed I used the site: to check and I can pinpoint the last new content page that I added that was indexed.  After that the page doesn't appear on the site:

Edited by Jill, 23 September 2015 - 12:09 PM.
removed website

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

When did you redesign your site?  What kind of crawl paths have you created for search engines in your navigation for the new content?

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

It's probably due to the other 100,000 (give or take a few thousand)  that are around from from thousands of publishers of MLS data.

You are in an market place that is so saturated with URLs pushing out the exact same content, that if you were not around ten - fifteen years ago, ... ... forget about search engine referrals for a good few years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.