• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Past Due Google Ad Words Balance Hindering Local Search Results?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mwisema1

mwisema1

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

Hello. I have a client with a local business which used to show up prominently in the google local results.

They have a Google+ page with 5 positive reviews.

They do not show up in the local results at all, and all of their competitors are there - even some with no reviews.

They have a good organic ranking. And their google+ page does show up in the SERP if we search for their exact business name.

The client confided in me that they have had a past due ad words balance for more than a year, and we are wondering if google is omitting them from the local search results because of the past due ad words balance.

I realize that paying the past due balance would reveal if this is the cause of the problem, but so far that hasn't happened.

Any insights?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

It's doubtful that it has anything to do with it, unless they were paying for that particular result.

• mwisema1 likes this

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

According to Google, there is no connection between AdWords and their organic search results. (A so-called "Chinese wall," meaning no communication between the two business units.) Since having such a connection would open them up to potentially significant legal liability in the USA, I tend to believe them.

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.