• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Href Lang Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VetoFunk

VetoFunk

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

Hi,

We just finished up translating our site into Korean. I want to make sure we set up the Href Lang correctly. I have changed the targeting in Webmaster Tools. I will be working with a guy in Korea to help me with Naver, but wanted confirmation that everything is correct.

So do we add these two lines of code to every page on both the US and Korea site?

<link rel="alternate" href="kr.domain.com" hreflang="ko-kr" />
<link rel="alternate" href="www.domain.com" hreflang="us-en" />

Is there anything else that should be done?

Thank you!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

but wanted confirmation that everything is correct.

For whom or what?

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

I don't typically produce sites/pages in any language other than English, so I'm not an expert, but you may find this explanation from the W3C helpful: Declaring Language in HTML. Based on what that document says, I have to say the code you posted is not the same. Although -- as I say -- I'm no expert, so I can't say that what you have won't work. It's just not what the W3C says to do.

One thing in particular: if I'm understanding that document correctly, you shouldn't declare two languages in the header on every page. Rather, you want to declare only the language used on any individual page on that page. So you'd have a language declaration of English for the pages that are in English and a language declaration of Korean for the pages that are in Korean. If there are sections of a page that are in a different language from the page's primary language, the document referenced above also gives the proper syntax for designating those sections.

Hope this helps!

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.