• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Tiered Link Building

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 AvyGuttman

AvyGuttman

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Google has finally given up trying to build an intelligent search engine and now pulls numbers out of a hat instead.

Google receives data from you, me, our environment, our actions, behaviors, patterns, feedback and on and on. They have given up trying to build an intelligent search engine? So, wouldnt that mean SEO will floursh back to its frontier days? I am going to assume you are joking.

I know this because one of our competitors got the #1 ball.

They have a thin site with no content. That's OK though because they don't engage in social media either. Other benefits include not having to optimise anything on the site - it's crap, but hey, crap works - they rank very prominently for 2000 keywords.

Gilligan's Island is a classic. To me, its terribly simple, ridiculously stupid and perhaps to many, it always has been. Initially the network and critics did not care for it at all and its creator had a hard time sellling it to begin with. But the ratings kept it alive and a major reason it is considered a classic. Maybe people who visit the site actually enjoy what they get from it and behave as such, despite what you think and others follow and its popularity is also one major component of what helps propel it to the top. But you probably have a point...

No late night link building for them, so it's up midday and straight onto the golf course I presume - a spot of lunch, then a quick stop off to count their hard earned cash before returning for drinks at the club. 

So, you are saying they have thin content, no links of any value, no social media networking. Starting to sound fishy

Forget Web 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0. Just find yourself a Romanian on Warrior Forum who will spin bullshit on expired domains for a tenner a month.

Expired domains are the key to their success?

Google's OK with too - after reporting our competitor at least 50 times over the last 8 months, I've come to the conclusion that spam reports count as 'mentions' and make them even stronger.

You reporting them to google doesnt mean something will immediately get done or at all. Ever have your car stolen? Then, you go and report it....and then what??

Sounds like they are crafty and deceptive and they keep hard working folks such as yourself and others out of the race with cheating and cunning deception. They are cheating their visitors most of all. 

The thing is, people like you, will land on their website and if it truly is as sh*t as you say it is, then those people wont stay long and will choose another page or site to visit. In time, this will naturally cause them to lose rankings much faster than you sending google a spam report. Besides, think of the numbers, how many pages are there? How many sites get reported for spam? 

This is why I personally think SEO is long term. It is a game and it is best rewarded to those in the long run because in time the sites like the ones you mention do get caught and as mentioned, if it truly is as sh*tty of a site as you say and many others notice this when they land there and jump ship then this will cause their site to drop and those good sites that stuck it out and have something worthwhile will flourish for a long time because they are going to give people something of value where before it was just a scam that people eventually were able to see through.

Edited by AvyGuttman, 28 July 2015 - 01:56 PM.

• Stemennisa likes this

#17 noobuk

noobuk

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

What Noobuk has written is not at all what I meant. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite of what I meant. 

I wasn't trying to imply that's what you meant Jill - but although my response is a little tongue in cheek, it's entirely true. The lack of action/interest/motivation from Google's webspam team can easily put a company out of business - you've got to remember, badly behaving sites don't just take money away from legitimate businesses - they then reinvest it to beat you up some more.

The company I regularly report to Google is pretty much a no brainer - they only have PBN links - one of the posts I reported recently was an unreadable spun article with no less than 300 repetitions of the same keyword in a 500-600 word article.

They then used their grubby proceeds to 'buy' what I thought was a reputable indepedent authority and had them declare they were #1 - had been for years (despite only launching the website 8 months ago), and reinforcing their opinion with 100 fake reviews. Funnily enough a straight-to-the-point email threatening to report them - and everything mysteriously disappeared.

All I was saying is that it's sometimes difficult for the good guys to win when there are ar*eholes who have no intention of playing by anyones rules and one of the worlds largest organisations who refuse to take their responsibility seriously.

#18 AvyGuttman

AvyGuttman

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

Granted there are many nefarious companies with websites out there, you are zeroing in on one in particular. Why not just put the effort into your own company/website and growth instead of perplexing over what one of your competitors are doing? Real authority will trump fake authority in time regardless of what you report or how disgruntled you may feel towards google's  approach to policing their web index.

#19 noobuk

noobuk

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

Google receives data from you, me, our environment, our actions, behaviors, patterns, feedback and on and on. They have given up trying to build an intelligent search engine? So, wouldnt that mean SEO will floursh back to its frontier days? I am going to assume you are joking.

Lol, I DO agree with you Avy, but these guys are outranking far bigger fish than us.

I reckon they're pocketing around 30-40k a month, so if it all goes pear shape they probably won't give a toss. We do work tirelessly and smartly to be the best we can - but no-one can't surive on fumes forever.

#20 AvyGuttman

AvyGuttman

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

Dare I say, that the world is a corrupt and evil place but that you do not have to swim with the sharks in order

to run a succesful business and find your niche and make a healthy enough living. How come SEo is so popular in the UK and US and not so much so in Canada? 

#21 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

but these guys are outranking far bigger fish than us.

And is that all you know about the site?

I reckon they're pocketing around 30-40k a month, 

According to whom?

#22 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

In the blackhat/link spam community, the expression "Web 2.0" is used to describe free-hosted blogs.  I will leave it at that.

#23 noobuk

noobuk

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

According to whom?

No, I know a hell of a lot about the site - their other sites, their ploys and who they are. I make it my business to know competitors inside out.

According to whom?

And I know they are clearing 30 - 40k based on industry conversion rates - what they're being paid - and what their leads are. I have to understand the projections here so I'm not that far out.

#24 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:33 PM

I make it my business to know competitors inside out.

You would need to be working as their accountant to be absolutely sure of that information.

I have to understand the projections here so I'm not that far out.

Yet you seem to be assuming that it is SOLELY a result of search engine rankings.

Sorry mate, you need to find a new tree to bark up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.