• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Which Kind Of Site Is Better To Start?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dcpramachandra2011

dcpramachandra2011

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

Hi Friends!

I am planning to start a new content based website for the last few days. Can anybody give few suggestions about what kind of site is better to start like health, yoga, education, entertainment, etc.

I have to start that website with minimum expenditure, I have to start earning from that website within 8 months through adsense, I have to manage that site independently (even without content writer) for few days and I must be in a position to run that website for a long time without any issues.

Kindly give your valuable suggestions. I will wait for quick response.

Thanks in advance.

• ROISH likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

One where YOU know enough about the subject to make it interesting.

However! If these are the reason why you are starting the website.

I have to start that website with minimum expenditure, I have to start earning from that website within 8 months through adsense

The most appropriate suggestion is .... ... You DON'T start a website at all.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

If you are relying on advertising revenue to finance the site, there's one simple thing you need to know:

- The more popular the subject, the larger the potential market.

- But the more popular the subject, the greater the competition.

Take yoga as example. There must be millions of people in the world who do yoga, or who would like to do it, or who want to know more about it. But spend a few minutes in Google. You might be surprised at the vast number of sites already catering for that audience.

So I don't think anyone here will be able to suggest a specific subject that will give you a worthwhile income from AdSense. (If I could, I would have done it myself long ago, and wouldn't be spending my time sitting around and lurking in forums.)

Mike

#4 AvyGuttman

AvyGuttman

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Hi Friends!

I am planning to start a new content based website for the last few days. Can anybody give few suggestions about what kind of site is better to start like health, yoga, education, entertainment, etc.

Content based website? Aren't all websites content based? as in they contain something or other...

Start with the topic/theme that you are most comfortable writing about and are able to add a unique perspective. Add content about a topic that you actually enjoy and are interested in, one you can share and enlighten others while still learning from. 

I have to start that website with minimum expenditure, I have to start earning from that website within 8 months through adsense, I have to manage that site independently (even without content writer) for few days and I must be in a position to run that website for a long time without any issues.

You have to start with minimum expenditures, as do many people but what a pity that you HAVE TO start earning within 8 months. You are starting a website with what seems to be the sole intent based only on making money in a set period of time. This sounds like you dont really care about the content at all. Put some effort and time into the quality and approach of the content on the actual site rather than the deadline to monetize it and you will have a better website no matter what the content. The tactic and approach you are taking is what often becomes low quality websites with shallow content that doesnt make a penny because it offers nothing and is jammed with ads. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.