• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Blogger.com Seo

Best Answer torka , 28 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

It also means that you're essentially building your marketing "house" on rented land. Read the terms of service. You are essentially a "tenant" and your "landlord" (Google) reserves the right to evict you whenever they feel like it. Google can shut down your account -- or the entire Blogger service -- at any time, for any reason (or no reason at all) and you will have no recourse. Even if they never shut you down, they still have the right to make any changes they want at any time, without notifying you in advance or asking your opinion or even giving you the choice of opting out.

If your account disappears, or Google implements changes you can't live with, you better have back up of all that wonderful content, and you'd better be prepared to set up your domain and post that content quickly somewhere else. That's an awful lot of emergency rushing around that could have been avoided entirely if your blog were instead set up and hosted on an account you pay for and over which you have some measure of control.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't have anything personally against Blogger (especially for personal accounts), but as a marketer I'm quite nervous about trusting a major part of my business marketing to a platform over which I have so little control.

Google does not give preference to blogger.com accounts when it comes to rankings. They would open themselves up to significant potential legal liability on a number of fronts if that were the case. If you want an account on blogger because you think it will automatically help you with rankings, you will be disappointed. It's your code, your content and your links that will make the difference, not your hosting platform.

If server reliability is that big of a deal for you, just don't cheap out on your ISP. You can get excellent uptime from any number of providers. If you're concerned about the "cleanliness" of the code, choose a good content management system with professionally written themes and don't do anything on your own to screw up the portions of the code you can control. There is nothing you can get from Blogger that you can't just as easily provide for yourself with just a small amount of forethought and planning.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Elpidios

Elpidios

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hello

I have a question. I have some sites and I want to improve their SEO. I am thinking to use blogger.com and I will explain the reasons and tell me if those reasons I think are true.

1) blogger.com is owned by Google so in my opinion that can help to the SEO of how they develop it. No coding errors and all those things.

I know that SEO it depends from a lot of things and not just if the developer created good the site or not.

My question is:

1)Let's say I am using "example.com" and I have 500 articles with blogger.com

or
2)I am using "example.com" with the same articles at another blog (wordpress , joomla , drupal)

I have everything same, content , articles...everything

Which one will have better ranking?

• Leomardpeab likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

SEO is not a thing that you can "improve" by doing 'A', 'B', 'C' or 'Z'

1) blogger.com is owned by Google so in my opinion that can help to the SEO of how they develop it. No coding errors and all those things.

Nope. 

The one that has the best 'reputation'

or
2)I am using "example.com" with the same articles at another blog (wordpress , joomla , drupal)

Not "SEO" just useless and wasted effort.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

My question is:

or

Try it and see, then please come back and report your results. There's no way in a 100 million years that anyone could guess the answer.

#4 Elpidios

Elpidios

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

The only reason that i believe a lot of blogger.com is that blogger is a google product.

That means 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999% up time of server.

You can use your domain for free..

Everything it's for free and also I don't think that google don't know what they doing

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:30 AM   Best Answer

It also means that you're essentially building your marketing "house" on rented land. Read the terms of service. You are essentially a "tenant" and your "landlord" (Google) reserves the right to evict you whenever they feel like it. Google can shut down your account -- or the entire Blogger service -- at any time, for any reason (or no reason at all) and you will have no recourse. Even if they never shut you down, they still have the right to make any changes they want at any time, without notifying you in advance or asking your opinion or even giving you the choice of opting out.

If your account disappears, or Google implements changes you can't live with, you better have back up of all that wonderful content, and you'd better be prepared to set up your domain and post that content quickly somewhere else. That's an awful lot of emergency rushing around that could have been avoided entirely if your blog were instead set up and hosted on an account you pay for and over which you have some measure of control.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't have anything personally against Blogger (especially for personal accounts), but as a marketer I'm quite nervous about trusting a major part of my business marketing to a platform over which I have so little control.

Google does not give preference to blogger.com accounts when it comes to rankings. They would open themselves up to significant potential legal liability on a number of fronts if that were the case. If you want an account on blogger because you think it will automatically help you with rankings, you will be disappointed. It's your code, your content and your links that will make the difference, not your hosting platform.

If server reliability is that big of a deal for you, just don't cheap out on your ISP. You can get excellent uptime from any number of providers. If you're concerned about the "cleanliness" of the code, choose a good content management system with professionally written themes and don't do anything on your own to screw up the portions of the code you can control. There is nothing you can get from Blogger that you can't just as easily provide for yourself with just a small amount of forethought and planning.

My :02:

Edited by torka, 28 May 2015 - 08:32 AM.
clarification

• Mikl likes this

#6 Elpidios

Elpidios

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

You make me to change mind. I have more than 100 websites but first time i am so specific in SEO. I have a lot of traffic from social media and i think at this area I am in next level. Anyway. Can I post a link and tell me what you think about my articles??I just have 3-4 articles because is a new site :)

#7 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Can I post a link and tell me what you think about my articles?

No, sorry, we don't offer free reviews here.

Edited by torka, 29 May 2015 - 08:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.