• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Title And Description Tag Advice

Best Answer chrishirst , 19 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Been following the MOZ guidelines but just want to check if my attempts looks half decent.

Oh please, I wouldn't trust them to point me to the nearest toilet.

However;

Flood & Home Insurance Quotes from Calfee Insurance in Cape Cod

Reads a little better.

Your suggestion reads more like a warning than a call to action. If is was truncated for some reason would you really want it to say ...

Flood Insurance Costs & ...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dpuk44

dpuk44

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

Hi all,

Just working on a site who want to rank well for Flood Insurance Costs and Home Insurance Quote. Been following the MOZ guidelines but just want to check if my attempts looks half decent. Any advice positive or negative is always appreciated.

Title

Flood Insurance Costs & Home Insurance Quotes from Calfee Insurance in Cape Cod

Description

Many homeowners policies don't include flood insurance. Protect your assets with our home insurance. Get a home insurance quote to see how much you could save.

Thanks

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:40 AM   Best Answer

Been following the MOZ guidelines but just want to check if my attempts looks half decent.

Oh please, I wouldn't trust them to point me to the nearest toilet.

However;

Flood & Home Insurance Quotes from Calfee Insurance in Cape Cod

Reads a little better.

Your suggestion reads more like a warning than a call to action. If is was truncated for some reason would you really want it to say ...

Flood Insurance Costs & ...

• dpuk44 likes this

#3 dpuk44

dpuk44

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:06 AM

Thanks,

O I didn't know not to trust MOZ, that's interesting. I see what you mean though regarding how my Title tag reads. Thanks for the advise always appreciated.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Chris doesn't place much stock in MOZ's advice. While I tend to take their advice (as I do with just about anyone's) with the proverbial grain of salt, I won't say that everything they advise is bogus. It's just that (from what I've seen) sometimes they (like many others) tend to treat speculation as absolute fact. Their "tests" aren't always the most scientifically-valid, and they do seem to approach SEO with a more formulaic approach than what I'm comfortable with.

As Chris pointed out, following their "forumula," you might end up with a header that doesn't convey what you intend should it be truncated. There are many other considerations to take on board beyond their "formula."

So, my take on it is that they're not disreputable, but their advice should be used as perhaps a starting point only, and tempered with a large dose of common sense and independent reasoning.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• dpuk44 likes this

#5 dpuk44

dpuk44

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

Thanks Torka!  :victory:

0 user(s) are reading this topic