• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Do I Get Penalty Because Backlinks From Addons Domains?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ranmet

ranmet

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

i have a site, its have multiple domain using addon domain, that is mydomain.com, mydomain.ca, & mydomain.in

its just like
freelancer.com, freelancer.ca and freelancer.in
amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.in

because its addon domains, they all have same ip & same server, but the content of each addon domain are different & unique

mydomain.ca & mydomain.in are linked to mydomain.com, and looks like mydomain.com got penalty, its hard to get page one in the last 1 year, kicked to rank #400 or nowhere in the serp for main keyword

i checked in webmaster tools, from mydomain.ca & mydomain.in, its get about 8.000 backlinks each, google looks like consider it as spam backlinks & penalties mydomain.com?

what is your suggestion, should i disavow mydomain.ca & mydomain.in?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

what is your suggestion, should i disavow mydomain.ca & mydomain.in?

Don't cross link unnecessarily and no you shouldn't.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

If you disavow domains that you yourself control, in essence what you're saying to Google is that you don't trust yourself.

If you think the problem is excessive crosslinking, remove some of the links. You control those domains. You control when and where they link. There is no need to disavow anything. Disavowal is a tool of last resort, only to be used in cases where links are from spammy websites and the webmaster has been unable to get them removed despite his/her best efforts.

It doesn't matter what Google "looks like" it thinks about your .ca and .in domains. Are they spam? Because you'll be confirming to Google that they are spam by disavowing links from them.

Of course, it's likely the links from those domains are not the only source of your problem. It's even possible they might not be a problem at all. It could be that the problem is simply that you don't have any good links from anywhere else that Google considers reputable. Or maybe your content isn't up to Google's standards. Or just that your competitors are now doing a better job of making web pages that Google likes. It could be any number of issues, and is probably a combination of several things. But the possibility (however remote) exists those links could be at least part of the issue, and if it makes you feel better to cut back on the crosslinking, by all means go ahead and see if that helps.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

The fact you are using ADDON domains has nothing to do with how Google will evaluate any of your sites and links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.