• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Link Building Analysis For A Customer: How To Do It?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maximilian

Maximilian

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

A customer wants to have a better position with a keyword (he has already a great position, but he wants more...). So he need a bit of extra link building to have better position (this niche is very competitive so on page seo is not sufficient).

He asked me to do a Link Building Analysis to find good link opportunities.

How can i do it? I think that after Penguin it's not only a question to have "more backlinks", it's more complicated now.

So how can i find opportunities to increase the ranking of my customer?

Edited by chrishirst, 09 May 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

You DON'T

You educate your client(s) in the reasons WHY 'link building' is absolutely NOT a useful exercise and should NOT be done.

#3 Maximilian

Maximilian

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

Thank you for the quick reply, very appreciated.

My idea is to build a blog and earn naturally links...but he doesn't like much this idea.

Also his competitors has tons of links (his has only 100 links) and he see that if he increse position only for 1 place he will double the visitors.

If link building it's not a good option, what's the alternative that you suggest?

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

My idea is to build a blog and earn naturally links...but he doesn't like much this idea.

I don't think much of it either.

You are still thinking like the " Cookie Monster" with the Links! ... ... Need more links! and you simply don't. More links does NOT equal more visitors therefore more conversion.

First of all YOU need to get out of the "Links are everything" mindset, then and only then will you be able to get your client out of it.

Links are NOT 'rankings' any more, and have not been for over ten years.

And you do NOT NEED a 'blog', NOBODY actually 'needs' a blog, you might 'want' a blog if you have something to tell your clients about and want to get direct feedback on a regular, ... ... But WAIT!! Don't you already have a website that you want people to visit, read and buy things form??????

Would it not make far more sense to use that to talk to customers???

Stop thinking rankings and start thinking conversions.

http://webmaster-tal...-secret-life-of

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:34 AM

You may also want to look at the articles published by Debra Masteler and Eric Ward. They both have some good ideas of how to go about earning a few high quality links. Be warned, though: it's a lot more work than just pushing out some spammy email link requests or dropping a few hundred links in blog comments.

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.