• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Sending Emails On Behalf Of Company

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dilby

dilby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

Hi all -

I handle SEO for a small handful of local companies and I was hoping to open discussion on how people go about sending emails on behalf of a company such as guest writing requests, link building emails etc. I know that some people actually set up email aliases and even create a custom footer calling themselves the company's digital brand ambassador etc etc, while others simply send it from their own email saying it's on behalf of said company.

Curious how all all you folks out there play it?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

I was hoping to open discussion on how people go about sending emails on behalf of a company such as guest writing requests, link building emails etc. 

Personally personally, ... ... 'WE'' don't.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

The company I used to work for tried out a few link building agencies. The agencies all asked us to give them email addresses on our domain. Our IT security people wouldn't allow it.

#4 dilby

dilby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Thanks @qwerty; that's an issue I thought might come up - its a valid concern for it admins so I can't blame them. @chrishirst Sorry I don't understand your post.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

I've never sent a link request, ... Ever.

And If I was going to send a "guest writer request", it would be a personal  request rather than purporting to be from " a website".

The most hated line in an email.

"Hi I am SEO/Webmaster for [insert company website]"

You can almost guarantee that any self respecting writer will be thinking "WHY????" and the ones that will reply to that are ones you really wouldn't want.

"I am guest writter who spoke English very good" kind of thing.

If you want some decent content from a decent writer have the decency to talk to them as a real person, because after all you are asking them for a favour. Now, if you are looking to engage them as a paid contractor  then you might want to approach them in a formal manner as a representative for a company. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.