• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How Do I Promote My Business On Social?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 seashell

seashell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hello folks, 

I am into an logistics, shipping business.

My business is running well, but I need some advice to become famous on social

I am having a facebook, twitter, youtube profiles. Need to generate an audience for my business.

Please share your guidelines 

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

I am into an logistics, shipping business.

My business is running well, but I need some advice to become famous on social

By "famous" should we take it that you actually mean 'popular'??? There IS a difference.

But the answer is ... You don't..

Business <> Social and ... Social <> Business.. 

Would YOU go to; ... say Facebook, when looking for some company to move a container full of 'Cuddly toys", car spares or Nuclear Waste?????

Some things and "social" sites just don't mix.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

First, it depends on how you define "social." Technically, this forum is "social media," although discussion forums are not usually what people are talking about when they mention "social media."

"Becoming famous" generically on social media isn't a useful goal. Simply being well-known on one or more social channels may not help your business one bit if they aren't the right channels. You could be a Pinterest star or an Instagram celebrity, but it's doubtful that any of your business prospects are going to be looking for you there.

You don't "work" social media simply in order to attract "an audience" hoping this audience somehow magically translates into business for you. That's an excellent way to waste a lot of time and get very little in return. In order for social media to benefit your business, you have to devote your time and attention to platform(s) where your customers can be found to start with.

Since logistics is likely a B2B activity (I don't know too many soccer moms who need to ship pallets of materials on a regular basis), I suggest if you want to pursue social as a marketing channel you focus on social sites and channels that are more business related (LinkedIn, maybe? Possibly Twitter?). I think you'll get more "bang for the buck" there. You're not going to get much exposure through Facebook thanks to their algorithms, and the exposure you get there is not likely to generate a lot of business.

Likewise, if you want to advertise on any social channels, focus on those that are business-related. Advertise on LinkedIn, not Facebook.

And stop worrying about "becoming famous." It's not about having tons of followers, unless all those followers are also inclined to buy what you're selling. It's better to have 100 highly-engaged prospective customers following you than to have 1,000 casual followers who never pay attention to anything you post.

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

• KarlC likes this

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Please click on the social media link at the right side of this page under "more SEO content."
  • aroobarajpoot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.