• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How Can I Get More Visitors To My Website?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 raghukul

raghukul

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

I am Tour operator and having a website REMOVED

For my business I need more and more traffic as well as leads for my businees.

To get this what  SEO activities should I do? Please help me

Edited by chrishirst, 29 April 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

Advertise.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

Building on what Chris said: more broadly, marketing in general (of which advertising is a part).

SEO is a long term strategy. If you're looking for more traffic right now, you may be better off working SEO "in the background" and putting most of your effort into doing other marketing activities up front that will bring you traffic sooner.

I'm glad to see you don't just want "more traffic" but are also looking for "more leads." That's an excellent start! A lot of people fall into the trap of thinking that all they need is "more traffic" and somehow they'll magically become successful. The thing is, you could have a million visitors a day; if none of them are interested in what you offer, all that traffic will do nothing for you except eat up your bandwidth. It appears you've figured that out, so you're already a step ahead of the pack.

As far as SEO goes, it's really just a three step process:

1. Make sure your site code doesn't throw up any barriers to access for either search engine spiders or human visitors. Make your navigation complete and easy-to-use.
  2. Fill your site with compelling, useful content, including your tour descriptions, your "about us" page and any other information your prospects would find helpful (packing hints, safety tips, ideas for "side trips," etc.)
  3. Let the world know your site exists. You need to find out where your true prospective customers hang out online. Pay Per Click ads are a good way to get started because they will automatically target people who are searching for what you offer. Beyond that, are they using sites like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram? Do they post regularly in any travel-related forums that you could join yourself? Are there any sites that attract the kind of traveler you're looking for, where you can negotiate advertising directly (or perhaps work out some sort of content placement)? Are there any offline channels that might be appropriate (print, broadcast, display)? The idea is to get your site in front of both your prospects and in front of other webmasters who speak to the same market (not competitors, but complementary businesses) who might be inclined to share your site with their visitors because of the valuable information your site includes.

The bonus is that all that marketing in Step 3 will also bring you direct and referral traffic outside of organic search, which is a good thing. That represents a much more reliable traffic stream than "rankings" ever will. :)

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.