• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie: How Is Seo Impacted By Using A Forwarded Domain?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 KHall

KHall

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reading. This is my first post, and forgive the newbie question if it's a simple answer. 

I have an insurance agency website that is hosted by Wix. However, instead of using the Wix.com/blahblah123/home.html, I've purchased my own domain (called a2insurance) and I FORWARD that domain to the Wix website.

My question: How does this impact SEO? Does Google rank my WIX page? Or does it rank my DOMAIN name (a2insurance)? 

In other words, if I optimize a2insurance, then I decide at a later date to forward a2insurance to a DIFFERENT site (not Wix), will a2insurance still remain high ranking? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

It all depends on HOW the 'forwarding' is done.

Read the pinned thread and others in this forum.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

WIX is the most search engine UNFRIENDLY content management system in existence. I was recently looking at a friend's site that was created via WIX and recommended she switch over to Wordpress or something else immediately. 

In other words, it really doesn't matter what you do. With a WIX website, most of the content of your site will be invisible to the search engines.

• Ron Carnell likes this

#4 moranf

moranf

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:58 AM

Jill,

I'm part of the Wix team and will be happy to explain or, even better, to demonstrate that search engines reads and index all the content of Wix sites.

Before I come up with examples and technical explanations (Here is Google documentation) you may want to try a quick test, open a Wix new free account, add some content, publish the site and submit it to Google index https://www.google.c...ools/submit-url. All in all it should not take more than few minutes. 

I think that Google search for exact phrases from this site (and using site: hint) will find it within few hours.

Looking forward to hear from you.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

Oh please ... "submit" a URL to a search engine???? 

It's NOT 1995 any more.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

Sorry, but wix is a piece of shit as far as google indexing goes, regardless of how you want to tell your customers it is not. 

#7 moranf

moranf

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

KHall,

In order to get into more details either ask Wix support or post your free site url here and I should be able locate your contact details and contact you directly.

Regarding the indexing discussion,

Once we complete the process you will be able to search your site (or any of its pages) and decide for yourself if it is indexed or not. It's not up to anyone's opinion just your own eyes. I believe it will work great like millions of other sites on our platform.

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:11 AM

either ask Wix support or post your free site url here 

In order:

Yes you should, and ...  No you don't because If you do ... we will delete it.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

Trust me, other than some of the content on your home page, most of the rest of your site (especially if you add a blog) will be INfrickenINVISIBLE to Google. I can message anyone the site of my friend's WIX piece of crap and show you if you'd like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.