• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Which Domain Name Is Better?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadwstorm

Shadwstorm

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

Which of these two is the better domain name? I wanted the domain yiddishtranslator.com, but it’s parked. So I bought two other domains, hoping to find one that will rank just as well with the keyword search “yiddish translator”.

yiddish-translator.com

or

theyiddishtranslator.com

could be no difference, but before I set things up, I wanted to hear your opinion. I think that I prefer the first one because it's cleaner to read and conversely, the "the" might make it more difficult to read.
  • Armannmew likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

I think that I prefer the first one because it's cleaner to read and conversely,

Then use that one.

Because it makes ABSOLUTELY no difference for anything else. 

(It might have done ten years ago, but not any more.)

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Agree with you that the first one is easier to read. My eyes keep trying to turn "TheYiddish..." into "TheyIddish..." which doesn't make any sense.

And agree with Chris that your domain name will have no discernible effect on SEO, so choose the one you like better. Or choose something else entirely, if the only reason you set your sights on these is because you thought you needed "keywords" in your domain name. If that's the case, find something your target audience will find memorable and easy to spell, something unique and engaging, something you can brand and/or trademark. Much more useful than a bland "keyword-rich" domain name.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#4 AvyGuttman

AvyGuttman

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

Write blogs/articles and include content about yiddish theatre, pickled tongue, gefilte fish and liver with fried onions ;) The same people who search for these delicacies and many other related topics will possibly benefit from a yiddish translator.

It wont matter what you call your domain name as much as what you offer of value on the various topics to entice the targeted audience to land on pages of your site in the first place. Create a unique brand name and let the various forms of content on your site attract targeted traffic who will search for related queries surrounding topics relevant and related to the yiddish language. Share your wisdom and useful translator to this relevant audience and eventually they may equate this with your brand/domain name. Speak about topics like how yiddish may become a dying language if not for the current generation keeping it alive and your website may be a step in the right direction for preserving what may soon become obsolete.

Edited by AvyGuttman, 02 June 2015 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.