• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Hello New Member Getting Started

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Legendarysaxon

Legendarysaxon

Not Ranked

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hello all,

I'm a small artisan business owner in the process of figuring out how to leverage the internet in growing my business. I already have a unique, niche artisan product offering and have organically built very good brand recognition within my niche through building social media relationships with consumers and suppliers within this niche.

Just switched on my own commerce site yesterday. Until now I've sold on etsy, ebay and amazon. My business has grown very organically with about $24,000 in sales for 2015. My business began as an art therapy I got into as a method of dealing with PTSD from IRQ and AFG.

I'm here to learn about how to optimize my SEO. I have done absolutely nothing with SEO, ever, so this is very new territory for me.

I would like to figure out a way to offer other artisans within my niche the opportunity to list or link to my products and earn a commission on fulfilled sales. I don't know yet if I want this just for partners that I individually approve, or for the larger communities in my niche.

I'd really like to empower the artisans and small businesses within my niche by helping us in these areas.

I'm wary of affiliate fraud and any kind of predatory business practices relating to affiliate marketing.

I also don't want to cheapen my brand, which I've worked hard to build. I have over 800 followers on my business facebook page, all of whom chose to like it because they are specifically interested in my brand or are also in business within our niche. The same goes for my 600 plus Instagram followers.

I also have a lot of referral business from previous customers, and a stellar base of customer reviews on my etsy and ebay sites.

I look forward to lurking for a bit, and learning how I can take my ecommerce business to the next level.

This is all virgin territory for me.

Best regards. Scott

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:53 AM

Please see our tips for newbies.

• Legendarysaxon likes this

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

Welcome aboard, Scott! In addition to the excellent resources Jill linked to above (I highly recommend checking them out) we've got tons of information all through the forums. Once you've read through the newbie tips, please feel free to ask questions. We really to love to help those who want to learn, and we don't bite (much... well, except for Chris, and he mostly only bites people who talk about "alt tags" instead of "alt attributes." ;) )

Glad to have you here! :)

--Torka :oldfogey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.