• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Recover The Loosing Of New Visitors

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jinimini

jinimini

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

I Have been doing SEO on my website since 2 years everything was going just fine, but recently I found that the new visitors figure is going down by 60% in 2 mnth. My question is simple what extra I can do to boost up the new visitors traffic to my website to generate more business 

• neon likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

Really the first thing would be to improve the conversion rate from your existing traffic, ... ... That is always easier than trying to find new sources.

Second would be to find out WHY visitor numbers have dropped, and where they have dropped from, by identifying the traffic source(s) that have dropped off.

When you have covered both of those you will already know where to start looking for new or better qualified visitor sources, but if you try this step without first dealing with BOTH of the first two, ... ... You are in for one big disappointment at the result and the amount of energy you will have expended.

Edited by chrishirst, 18 March 2015 - 08:31 AM.

#3 jinimini

jinimini

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

thanks for the support but i have been doing almost all the points that you have mention here but still no luck, apart from this let me know how can i generate leads for website

#4 cheezcarls

cheezcarls

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

Hello!

I understand your concern that you have lost a lot of visitors to your website and is going down by 60% in 2 months. In order for you to know why, you need to know what you have done in the past about your website. Did you change something within your website? Like content or theme? Are you currently updated of the latest Google algorithm changes as well? You really need to know all of that so that you can figure it out how you can gain back the lost visitors that you have in the past. You also need to learn new ways to gain more natural organic traffic, especially overcoming the Google Panda and Penguin algorithm.

Hope this helps you a bit. Cheers!

Jeff

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

Are you currently updated of the latest Google algorithm changes as well?

How do you know that the 'lost traffic' was coming from Google??

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

If, as you claim, you've already been doing the things Chris recommended, then you must already know where the visitors were previously coming from, and which source of new visitors has declined. If you tell us where the decline has happened (whether it's from a specific search engine's organic traffic, across the boards, from a specific referrer, etc.) we may be able to come up with useful recommendations. (Be aware, though, the recommendations you'll get from around here will required you to do some hard work.)

Perhaps you might even find that you can figure out for yourself what needs to be done, simply by going through the exercise of identifying which source(s) of traffic have dried up.

If, on the other hand, you were hoping that by claiming a loss in new visitor traffic you'd get us to give up some "traffic generating secrets guaranteed to skyrocket your visitor count," you're bound to be disappointed.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#7 cheezcarls

cheezcarls

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

How do you know that the 'lost traffic' was coming from Google??

I was only assuming though. It "could be" one of the reasons that his website visitors dropped down to 60%. We do all understand that the Google algorithm is changing from time to time, as we can't control Google. They are a business as well, so anytime they are going to change the rules of the game and may get even stricter than ever. But anyway, thanks for the link you provide. It may also help me learn something new in terms of playing SEO the right and critical way. 

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

I was only assuming though.

Never assume anything .... Especially where Search is concerned 

We do all understand that the Google algorithm is changing from time to time, as we can't control Google

Many don't though, and they also assume that traffic from search is the "Holy Grail" or a "Divine right" 

#9 cheezcarls

cheezcarls

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Never assume anything .... Especially where Search is concerned 

Many don't though, and they also assume that traffic from search is the "Holy Grail" or a "Divine right" 

Ok thank you for the heads up Chris. At least I have learned something here when it comes to SEO, and I definitely think that I still got to learn more about that. I guess I am going to take a look more at the link you have shared to me and all of us here, as I am also planning to do SEO for my existing website. Thank you again.

Jeff

#10 JeffScott

JeffScott

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

I understand your concern that you have lost a lot of visitors to your website and is going down by 60% in 2 months.

Are you currently updated of the latest Google algorithm changes as well?

Especially overcoming the Google Panda and Penguin algorithm.

Jeff

I have noticed that why other people always trying to blame the Google algorithm update when their website's traffic was decreased massively. They must ask themselves and analyze the history of their websites activities and performance in the web.

Overcoming the Google Panda and Penguin algorithm? Its better to make it up with your targeted users with their intent, needs, and expectations from the providers. A unique and not been offered service will do to call the attention of your audience, and it is one of the best example to comeback your visitors new and old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.