• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Planning For The Future In Terms Of Seo With New Business

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stone75

stone75

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

Hi 

I am starting a new business.  Say I have a brand BestBrand and to start with I will be selling widgets so the whole site will be centred around widgets initially.

As the business grows I expand into selling something related to but not widgets.  So over time widgets are likely to become a category within the BestBrand site rather than the main focus of the site.  My question is how to approach this from an SEO perspective.  

I am new to SEO but I understand I will be wanting initially to generate some backlinks and content related to widgets and really I would want these to point to the home page of BestBrand as there will be no subcategory of widgets.  

However as the business expands the homepage will be diluted as new product areas are added and subcategories are added so the backlinks should I guess be pointing to the BestBrand/widgets pages.

My question is how best to plan for this.  Can you create the initial backlinks to a BestBrand/widgets page that redirects initially to the home page?  Does it actually matter where they go to?

My second question is there any value to buying domains related only to widgets and pointing those at pages related to widgets?  My initial research seems to suggest not unless its an exact match domain name.

Many thanks

Mark 

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:44 AM

My second question is there any value to buying domains related only to widgets and pointing those at pages related to widgets?  My initial research seems to suggest not unless its an exact match domain name..

Your research is wrong, ... ... The real answer is NO!

I am new to SEO but I understand I will be wanting initially to generate some backlinks and content related to widgets 

No you don't. your job is to create a site with content that people will be willing and prepared to link to without being asked or told to.

Start learning by reading here: http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.