• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Seo Checklist - Which Is The Best Out There?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 melomal

melomal

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

Hi all,

New to the forum but spent the last few years working as an online marketer with heavy focus on SEO.

However with those years of wisdom I've never had to rank a brand new site within google. Completely fresh without any previous SEO work done on it.

Now the site I've built myself, and I've gone through various online checklists to make sure the basics and everything else are in line. However I've got this gut feeling that I've missed something out as the site just doesn't seem to what to rank anywhere near the top 50 results for the 'money' keywords.

Considering my competitors literally have done little to no SEO work and just have domain age on their side it's getting really annoying, especially as I've spent so much time building a website that educates our customer!

So my question is, are there any SEO checklists out there that are the best by far or even web page checkers that tell me whats wrong with the site.

I've tried various versions and I have my doubts as the results are usually followed up by some sort of sales pitch for a results increase etc.

Cheers!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

NONE of them, SEO is NOT a  "tick the boxes  and all will be wonderful" kind of operation, and while there are many 'reputable' SEO websites trying to sell you that solution, none of them are going to deliver what they offer.

There are no secret recipes and no magic formula that can guarantee unbridled success, just common sense and a fully working brain is all you need.

Start reading here

http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

Oh and, .... How do you KNOW your competitors have done "little SEO work", you cannot see the best SEO work, as it is barely visible to the naked eye AND totally invisible to search engine bots and indexers.

You can only identify the poorer  SEO work as done by site owners and "experts" following formulas and blindly using 'plug ins' and check lists. 

Also forget 'rankings' http://searchenginel...f-success-13258

Edited by chrishirst, 06 March 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

Here's one I did a long time ago http://searchenginel...r-website-13852

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Now the site I've built myself, and I've gone through various online checklists to make sure the basics and everything else are in line. However I've got this gut feeling that I've missed something out as the site just doesn't seem to what to rank anywhere near the top 50 results for the 'money' keywords.

SEO checklists and tools are really more dangerous than helpful when you don't know much about search engine optimization yourself.  And going after "money" keywords when you don't know much is counter-productive.

Work on creating a website that attracts attention and traffic for its own keywords.  When you have earned enough links and natural social visibility your site will be ready to compete for more competitive expressions.

However, most studies show that the shorter the query the less money a site tends to make off that query versus traffic for longer queries.  "Money" keywords are rarely as good as people believe they should be and almost never for anyone who is convinced that his keywords are the exception.

• Jill and torka like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.