• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Brand New To Seo And Blogging

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 breehutch

breehutch

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction.This is also my first time coming to a forum and posting so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have one question in particular to ask, I just got a domain name, and hosting.. and I have a blog set up. I have a few affiliate programs that I'm in. My domain name has one of those affiliate programs in the title, I guess what I'm trying to ask is can I rank for more than one key word? Or will I need to buy different domain names for each of these affiliate programs? This stuff is a bit confusing, I'm sorta short on cash so I need to work with what I have so far. So any free courses or anything would be a big help.

Thanks

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

My domain name has one of those affiliate programs in the title, I guess what I'm trying to ask is can I rank for more than one key word? Or will I need to buy different domain names for each of these affiliate programs? This stuff is a bit confusing[/size]

You WOULD be wasting your money. (and probably already have with the first one)

Have you thought ahead with what happens if you decide to drop or change that particular 'program'???

Domain names and URLs  are NOT  'key' words and in some cases are enough to make sure that your site urls do NOT 'rank' for that particular 'key' word/phrase., particularly if this 'program' is one that provides a 'turnkey website' or a pre-built template where you change a few words and URIs to make it "unique" 

#3 breehutch

breehutch

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

I don't plan on changing them since ive been doing them for a while, and I had read that having the keyword in the domain gives it a little boost when people are searching for that. Thank you for the reply.. May I inbox you privately? I can show you my website and tell you what exactly Im trying to rank for maybe that will give you a better idea of what im trying to do exactly

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

More reading for you

http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

http://www.highranki...e-url-question/

And there is lots more;

search "domain name" in the site search  [top right corner]

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

and I had read that having the keyword in the domain gives it a little boost when people are searching for that

Ten - Fifteen years ago it did, slightly.

I can show you my website and tell you what exactly Im trying to rank for maybe that will give you a better idea of what im trying to do exactly

Looking at the 'outside' of a website  is of little use for evaluating whether you are doing the 'right' things or not.  Similarly looking at 'rankings' tells you [or us] nothing about how 'well' [or badly] you are doing with SEO.

SEO is not a case of doing 'A', 'B' and 'C' in the right 'quantities'. With the 'modern' search engine, ... Doing 'A', 'B', and 'C' in the proscribed quantities is more likely to 'hurt' search results.

Thirdly!

Do NOT count upon, OR rely upon; getting, having or keeping Search results. Get your OWN results and let search engine traffic 'just happen'.

#6 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

. My domain name has one of those affiliate programs in the title, I guess what I'm trying to ask is can I rank for more than one key word?

If the affiliate programme happens to be Amazon, then be aware that this is against their terms of service, and they could therefore close your account. (At least, that was the case the last time I looked into this.)

Mike

Edited by Mikl, 24 January 2015 - 12:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.