• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Can Someone Explain This Bizarre Google Situation?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deak

Deak

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

I have an ecommerce/blog site. I do my best with SEO methods. However, 90% of the time I'm not ranked in google at all (I go all the way to the end with the keyword phrase). However, some days I'll find my site on like page 9. On them days I think it's because of a specific method I've applied, but then the next day, I'm back to not ranking at all... It's kinda confusing my SEO strategy... "One" day I'm ranked, then the other days I'm not ranked at all...

Can anyone explain why Google does that?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Because rank checking is a useless pastime.

http://searchenginel...f-success-13258

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

How's your website traffic?

#4 Deak

Deak

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

@Chris, Thx 4 the post/link. Good read... It's not really a thing about fluctuations of rankings I'm concerned about... Its just my site appear at all and if it do. It's only there for one day... Sometimes on page 9 or 11 Give a take a couple... And disappears.

@Jill, it's ok, but nothing to write home about. I mostly check traffic from a plugin called Jetpack livestats... And if I do get traffic it's to/from my blog section...

I want to sell Custom Hats. My site is [removed] and a keyword phrase I want to rank for is "Custom Snapback Hats"... My title, keyword, description, all mention "Custom Snapback Hats"... However, when I put that phrase in Google (it only goes up to page 18 for the keyword phrase) my site doesn't appear at all... I check google webmaster tools and can;t pinpoint any issues.

Furthermore, when I check my site and keyword phrase in a site called searchenginegenie.  com/google-rank-checker.html, It states "Not found in top 300 Positions"...

I just want to rank 1st, be seen... And start some more SEO treatment... Somethings not right...

Any helpful advice to at least be seen in the engine would be greatly appreciated...

Edited by qwerty, 10 January 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

I just want to rank 1st, be seen... And start some more SEO treatment... Somethings not right...

I can only assume that you did NOT understand the article then

#6 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

My title, keyword, description, all mention "Custom Snapback Hats"...

They don't "all" mention it, but a lot of them sure do. I used the site operator to find pages on your site (the domain name of which I had to remove from your last post) that are relevant to that phrase, and I got 355 results. That's a lot of pages you're hoping will rank for just that one phrase.

What's Webmaster Tools telling you about pages that are getting traffic from search? Which pages are getting that traffic and what are the searches that people are using to find those pages? That information is going to tell you a lot more than constantly checking to see where you show up for that one keyword phrase.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

What makes your website and your company better and more unique than the 742,000 others that happen to mention the type of hats you're hoping to show up for? 

That's what you need to figure out and then make it apparent.

#8 Deak

Deak

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

@Chris... Thx, I will re-read...

@Qwerty... I didn't actually type in the keyphrase 355 times... Every page on my site has the keyphrase in in the footer... I write/blog on stuff and get a decent amount of traffic on the blog page (site.com/blog). My mission is to garner attention to the homepage. It's just odd that I don't show up at all in Google for the keyphrase. Is there any advice to change that?
I know I have work to do. I'm just wanting to at least see that my site is visible rather it's on the 18th page or further. I just want a starting point to build...

Thx Jill, Trying to make it apparent as we speak...

#9 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

It's just odd that I don't show up at all in Google for the keyphrase. Is there any advice to change that?[/size]

Stop looking.

I'm just wanting to at least see that my site is visible rather it's on the 18th page or further.

You're never going to know that using the method you currently employ.

Read your site access logs, if Google shows up as a referrer your URLs ARE being shown to users.

My mission is to garner attention to the homepage

Why??

Edited by chrishirst, 11 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.