• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Optimize Keyword, Create Dedicated Page Or Not?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jobs4cars

jobs4cars

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

I have a page with URL and title : "/car-supplies.php" and title "Car Supplies". 

I want to also attract visitors searching for "vehicle supplies". I am thinking to create a second page with URL "/vehicle-supplies.php" and  title "Vehicle Supplies".

The content of the two pages is the same with the exception of the URL, page title, and H1 text.

1) Will this raise a duplicate content issue? 
2) If I use the <link rel="canonical" href="mysite/car-supplies.php" /> on the "Vehicle Supplies" page, it will solve the duplicate content, but will it benefit my efforts in ranking for the keyword "Vehicle Supplies"?
3) Should I create a dedicated page for the keywird "Vehicle Supplies" in the first place?
4) Any suggestions on how to optimize for the keyword "Vehicle Supplies" with or without creating a dedicated page?

Thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

1) Will this raise a duplicate content issue? 

Most definitely.

2) If I use the <link rel="canonical" href="mysite/car-supplies.php" /> on the "Vehicle Supplies" page, it will solve the duplicate content, but will it benefit my efforts in ranking for the keyword "Vehicle Supplies"?

No it won't.

3) Should I create a dedicated page for the keywird "Vehicle Supplies" in the first place?

Absolutely not. Why would you need or want a completely separate page about something for which you already have a page?

4) Any suggestions on how to optimize for the keyword "Vehicle Supplies" with or without creating a dedicated page?

Yes. Just work the word "vehicle" into the existing content of your "car" page. 

And also realize that your whole notion of SEO is based on many year old information which barely applies anymore.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

All of the above. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.