• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Does Not Show Any Posts From My Blog, Even When Specifically Se

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 volenCK

volenCK

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hi everybody, thank you for your help :)
I've had a self-hosted blog for over a year now. The website is I've been writing content and updating it quite regularly, but was not really interested in how it's doing.
REMOVED
Recently I started looking more at SEO and identifying potential problems in people accessing the content and I found that none of my posts appear on google.
For example - I recently started writing a few posts about a book, if I google the author's name along with my website's name, I'll get a link to the actual blog page, not to the blog post, and the metadata snippet will be content pulled from the post... It seems very strange. None of my titles seem to be searchable, I have to always include my site name and post title to at least get a link to appear to the main blog page. It leads me to believe that there are some serious issues with SEO, but I have no idea where to start in resolving these.
I recently uninstalled almost all plugins, to make sure there's no interference. Googling the problem I found a few people saying that they had the same issue with Yoast's SEO, which I was using as well, I've since uninstalled it and replaced it with ultimate SEO. I've re-submitted my page to google to get it indexed, all settings about readability and visibility of the blog to crawlers are ok, it seems that there is some weird interference maybe that is preventing google from getting the post information, but it really could be anything, I'm really not very knowledgeable with this stuff.
I've posted an image below of all my plugins, I'm really only suspect of the Page Theme one, I'm not really sure if maybe having 2 page templates isn't doing something to mess up my SEO or if I've not done something wrong. I have altered the templates somewhat, but mostly just css and styling.
I've also posted a google result using a keyword from a post (scott) along with part of the name of the website, as you can see - no blog post result, just the blog main page... It leads me to believe that all the content I've written is almost unfindable... Any help is most appreciated, thank you for having a look at the topic.
REMOVED

Edited by chrishirst, 26 December 2014 - 12:07 PM.

• habibtuhin likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

Does a site:yourwebsite.tld search show anything? If so it is being crawled and indexed.

Googling the problem I found a few people saying that they had the same issue with Yoast's SEO, which I was using as well, I've since uninstalled it and replaced it with ultimate SEO.

They are only 'plugins' they have no magic properties, and if you as the user, do not know how to make best use of them, .... You may as well not bother with them at all.

Have you done any kind of REAL promotion?

By the way, I suggest your first task is to get rid of the Godaddy frame-forwarded parking page which is all I get from your "site".

#3 volenCK

volenCK

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for the reply, chrishirst. I do need to read up on seo, I definitely don't know enough about it. My issue is that I had a blog previously, hosted by wordpress and out of the box - it was doing fine. When I self-hosted, my content became non-searchable, and it has been over a year, I've not done anything differently and am still using wordpress, so I'm thinking there may be a conflict with something installed as I had never used plugins on the other blog.

As far as promotion goes - I've posted the content in related forums, facebook groups, but I've not done a lot of marketing.

I don't get what you mean by godaddy parking page, maybe you've typed in the url incorrectly? it's inpursuitofart  and it's .com   Typing it separately to not get it filtered again.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

I do need to read up on seo, 

Start here

http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

I definitely don't know enough about it

Why? You are actually better off ignoring search engines completely than getting it wrong by using "plugins" and following the 'advice' of "expert".

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Sounds like you may have the website set for noindex. Check for that first thing.

• anamul5555 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.