• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Bs Or Not ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hello Hello,

I read it many times, and finally I received and analysis of one of my URL's from an SEO company. And I can't help it, but I don't trust the feedback I've got.

let me give you a generic example:

let's say I do have a blog, that just talks about bees and making honey. So your topic is very clear.

Let's further say, you want to rank for a complete different topic which has nothing to do with bees, but you want to have it on your blog. Let's say, for all in the sudden you talk about cars.

You write excellent helping content for the audience, right... then I would say, it counts as well for google.

What do I mean:

So I am saying, every single URL is unique, is independent... so even if you have a blog just talking about your bees, you still have the same potential chances to rank with your URL as anybody else does with a specific topic about a car, or what ever.

The feedback I received noted, that I can't do it. Or that google will not rank my car article as well, since it's not related to my main topic !

It might be true, that if you do have already Domain Authority, and a nice mozrank, pagerank, etc. that this will help you.... but it's not all.

For sure it will be very confusing for your audience.. because why the heck have you all in the sudden a post about cars, when you are known as the master of all bees, right ?

However, from a technical point of view, I think it doesn't matter.

If you would start a new domain from scratch and try to rank, or if you put that article on your bees homepage... 

Curious about all your thoughts !

Thank you !

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

The feedback I received noted, that I can't do it. Or that google will not rank my car article as well, since it's not related to my main topic !

That's bullshit of the first order.

It's a bit like expecting all 'pages' on wordpress.com to be on-topic with "blogging" because wordpress is about blogs.

If you ARE trying to brand yourself on a specific topic with your peers, then stick to the one topic but search engines really don't care if you had five different topics on the one page.

Take one of the members here Michael Martinez, he is a world renowed expert on the works of J. R. R. Tolkein AND is also very well known for his SEO knowledge and experience. So he 'blogs' about many things that may be about either or neither.

• reseo likes this

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

I do what you're proposing all the time. Any SEO agency, auditor, contractor, whatever who says you cannot or should not do this has no clue. The problem is never that you go off-topic on a blog. Blogs do not have "topics".

The problem is what you do with the blog, and why.

ON EDIT: And thank you, Chris.

Edited by Michael Martinez, 15 December 2014 - 12:18 PM.

• reseo likes this

#4 reseo

reseo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

@Chris+Michael:

ha, great...  I knew this was bullshit...  thank you so much !!!! keep rocking !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.