• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

2 Keywords In 1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VioletJobs

VioletJobs

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hi Guys

Im new to the world of SEO and struggling a bit with this:

I have done some onsite optimisation for the term REMOVED' and have slowly been climbing the rankings since launch a few months back. 

I actually have done some more research and got a better understanding of SEO and have realised the term 'Music Jobs' is a much higher search volume term.

The concept Im struggling with is why do I not rank well for 'REMOVED', like I do for 'REMOVED because the first term is within the 2nd term. So my onsite optimisation also has lots of instances of keywords 'REMOVED' in key places because I optimised 'REMOVED'.

Any advice as to how to handle these types of 'compound' or double keyword would be great. 

Thanks!

David

Edited by chrishirst, 03 December 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

More than one "key" word is a phrase and you handle them EXACTLY the same as any other words or phrases.

Furthermore .... Stop checking 'rankings'

http://searchenginel...f-success-13258

and read these http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/ and the ones linked to.

#3 VioletJobs

VioletJobs

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hi

Ok so i didn't realise the admin people would remove the keywords! So let me add an example:

I am ranking well for (this is example only)

'UK garden design'

I want to target 

'garden design'

The second key phrase is already within the first. How does google interpret a phrase like this? So my onsite has lots of 'uk garden design' therefore it also has lots of 'garden design' but doesnt rank well for this?!

Does this even make any sense!

Ha ha thanks

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

Ok so i didn't realise the admin people would remove the keywords!

Well if you WANT this forum thread to appear in search engine results for those words and phrases we could leave them in.

Because a two word phrase is more 'competitive than a three word one is, and just because some words are on a page does NOT mean it WILL appear in results.

And YOUR rankings only tell a very small part of the 'story'.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

I am ranking well for (this is example only)
'UK garden design'
I want to target 
'garden design'

The important question here is WHY would you want to rank for that expression? It has nothing to do with "UK garden design". So if your keyword is about anything with a specific geographic location, you need to think in terms of how to make your content appealing to people in that location. Don't go chasing short keywords just because they look like they have a lot of traffic. The majority of that traffic is aimless and does not convert well.

There is more money to be made in "uk garden service directory" than in "garden service". Follow the money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.